Hello!

TrueBlueShark007

Hey Harrison,

Welcome, nice to see a fellow Seattleite here. I was just at the UofW Medical Center yesterday.

If I read you correctly, you said, " My mom said if I wanted to live off their money for schooling, I had to get a degree before I did anything." Lucky you! I guess you need to be steppin up to the plate, and getting some degrees then, wouldn't you say?

First off, why do you want to go into emergency medicine? Do you REALLY care about helping people? You need to....forget about saving lives for now, it's mostly about compassion and simply helping people. But if it's really calling to you....you can get your EMT-B through North Seattle Community College, also Edmonds and Everett Comm. College's have course work. You're not going to like the paychecks, neither is your Mom. King, Snohomish and surrounding counties all incorporate the EMS system into the fire departments, so most of the paramedic programs are geared toward the FD's.

The private sector: AMR pretty much has a monopoly on private ambulance service and co-responce with a few smaller companies like Rural Metro.

Check out the Medex PA program at the UofW, hard to get in though, you're Chem degree will help.

I don't know, what's your passion in life?

Everyone here gives exceptional advice because they are exceptional people. Keep asking questions and keep listening.

Mike

Edited by Emergency Laughter

Welcome to the city Harrison. Mike, thanks for the twitter follow. I love it when celebs follow me.

A celeb? Isn't that some kind of celery? Are you insinuating that I'm a vegetable? I mean, you wouldn't be far off, but, HEY, what's the hardest thing about eating a vegetable?.......getting them out of the wheelchair!

Sorry everyone....Take note Harrison, that's the kind of sick, twisted humor/mind that working in EMS for years will get you...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.