Hey

ChaseZ

Hey Everyone,

My name is Chase and I just recently graduated with my BSN as well as have my EMT-B. I have also held various hospital tech jobs while In school spending most of my time as a cardiac monitor tech. I am a frequent poster on a few other forums usually trying to kill time on slow night shifts or when bored.

Missouri does not allow you to challenge the paramedic exam as far as I know. You are allowed to work on an ambulance within your RN scope in certain circumstances. I may eventually do a RN-paramedic bridge program if I decide I want to do flight.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="paramedicmike" data-cid="292537" data-time="1356809608"><p>

Welcome.<br />

<br />

Perhaps because he's in Missouri and not Iowa?</p></blockquote>

Perhaps that was why I was asking, and then mentioned my state ;)

Edited by MariB

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="MariB" data-cid="292540" data-time="1356812003"><p>

<blockquote>

Perhaps that was why I was asking, and then mentioned my state ;)</p></blockquote>

Are you looking at this on a mobile device? If so, that might explain your confusion. On the computer with the non-mobile site it clearly states his location as St Louis, MO. The mobile site does not list location.

Edit: extra text from multiple quotes removed.

Edited by paramedicmike

I got my EMT-B while taking my college prereqs and trying to decide which route I wanted to take (Medic/RN/MD). I really enjoyed EMS but the low educational standards pushed me away, I knew I wanted at least a bachelors degree. I also fell in love with ICU nursing. My original intention going into nursing school was to pursue flight nursing (Have the best of both worlds) but now I am considering working towards the CRNA route. All that is years off since all of that requires years of experience. I would love to volunteer somewhere and get back on a truck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.