ADVANCED EMT National Registry

I suspect the registry will transition to an adaptive after they have had enough people go through the current AEMT questions and enough time has passed to properly pilot questions so they can have a good idea where the average student is testing in terms of overall score and performance on types of questions and specific questions. The AEMT is so new it will take a while to really put a good adaptive test in place. Even the psychomotor process has seen changes as a cardiac arrest/AED station was added to this testing process.

I will say that the AEMT exam dives into significantly more detail than the I/85 exam and really focuses on basic shock pathophysiology. Anecdotally, I liked the exam and think it requires an improved understanding of the human body. It also has allowed us to push through new pre-requisite courses such as a semester of A&P, English composition and a medical math class.

Good to see improvements around needing to know more about physiology and such like

I will say it again, Chris your voice is so soothing, almost puts me to sleep :D

All the best for your test there csoltes!

Edited by Kiwiology
  • Like 1

We transitioned here in Kansas (I think it was 128 hours, plus 30 hours in the field under a paramedic). I'm not sure what the National registry requirments are as we didn't have to do any testing. All of our testing was done in the transition class. Just study. Be confident in yourself and ask questions if you to.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Chris,

My AEMT Students will be taking their tests over the next few weeks at different locations. I have made your youtube visdeos available for all of them in addition to our study time and they all have expressed that they enjoyed the videos and that they were very helpful. So far the only student to take both the written and the psychomotor was a first time pass on both, so I think I am on the right track with them. As an instructor I felt a bit of trepidation teaching a new class/scope to a test that was still an unknown at the time. Looking back, we may have over-taught it, but all in all I feel pretty good and will be repeating the experiance this summer as well.

For what its worth, it came out to just over 210 hours didactic and an average of 40 hours clinical (mostly in hospital, though that will change this next time) though some students did close to a 100 hours clinical through special arrangements. We started with 12 and ended with 10.

Anyway, I just wanted to give props for the videos.

-Steve

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.