Would appreciate some advice

xpgamer777

I am a recent graduate from the paramedic program in my area, Broward College. I am curious of anybody who has any advice on whats the best way to prepare for the state exam here in florida. Maybe a good refresher coarse anyone could recommend? I purchased an account with JB learning that helped alot with my emt-B state exam. Not going to lie, my anxiety is a little high after talking to my friend who works with me. He failed it 3 times and gave up because he had to retake the medic coarse after failing 3 times. Absolutely any advice would greatly be appreciated. I start the fire academy on January 8 and would like to take advantage of my time. Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

The JB learning program is ok. There are several that offer questions in the same format as the exam. Don't worry. I knew a lot of people who failed it and I was freaked too. I bought a study program and made a point to figure out why the answer the program gave was right and I was wrong. I bet I drilled for 60-80 hours. I also used EMT-nationaltraining.com and another program I bought as a disk. I felt so sure I would fail when it shut off at 78 questions I went home and cried. But I didn't. I passed and if you work at it you will too. Good luck

• Like 1

First of all try not to stress too much. You get three attempts, so even if you fail the first one at least the second time you are better prepared going in.

Jon Puryear gives excellent classes and he has audio files to download. I listened to him in the car all the time. He gave helpful antecdotes with the information that was amusing and extremely helpful at test time.

Good luck

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

when i was preparing for my test i listened to loads of podcasts. I tunes is full of them. I would recommend any of the ones by Jeffery Guy. He has some good ones covering PHTLS and some from his book pharmacology for the pre hospital professional. And remember to not stress out. If you were able to pass the class you can pass the written exam. We were always told by teachers to always go bls then think als. Good luck!!!

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.