how to open ambulance transportation in Pennsylvania

johnyemt

Hi, my name is John and i have been Emt for some time.

Its time for me to move on but i dont know where to start

So if anyone would tell me stap by stap process how to open my own ambulance transportation service in Pennsylvania i would really apriciate it.

Thank you to everyone who would participate.

Get three duffle bags of unmarked $100 bills a million $$ line of credit and 5000 pages of paperwork to fill out.

Or take the bags of cash and buy out an existing service owned by a foreigner thats has been indicted for medicare fraud and is heading to the federal penitentiary.

You have to go to the commonwealth and file for a certificate of need then apply for licensing through the various state offices.

Step 1: Have a strong enough foundation in EMS and business management that you don't go to a random EMS forum searching for a step-by-step guide to opening up your own "ambulance transportation" business.

Step 2: If you've completed step 1, no further assistance needed.

Not to be a dick, man, but just consider for a moment what you're asking. You need to be intimately familiar with federal, state and local laws governing not only small businesses but also EMS agencies as well. You need to know how to acquire ambulances, how to meet federal and state requirements for ambulance maintenance standards, what equipment is required to be carried on the ambulances, how to actually go about getting the ambulances certified; what equipment you will stock and how to obtain it, the standards for that equipment set by the law; how to obtain staffing and how to hire someone legally, how to handle payroll, taxes, insurance (for personnel and for your equipment). And, most importantly, how to pay for it all.

Nobody here could possibly hope to give you a step-by-step guide, and if you're asking for one that shows just how in over your head you are when it comes to starting your own EMS service. Sorry, man, again, not trying to bust your balls here, but like someone else said, unless you've got a lot of scrilla ($$) lying around somewhere, and a lot stronger of a foundation when it comes to this kind of thing, I'm afraid your dream is a lost cause.

Go get some more EMS experience, and more importantly get some business education and experience. If you really want to make this a reality, that's the best thing you could do.

I was dead serious when i made my post.

Find someone who is on the way to the federal penitentiary for medicaid fraud and offer large bags of unmarked cash.

In Pennsylvania , this is a very regular occurance. buying an already running service is a lot easier than starting from scratch.

Just change the name & go out and get into business defrauding the government.

Thats why most of the foreigners are in the ambulance business.

Don't forget you need a medical director to sign your waivers and file for your DEA paperwork.

Nobody here could possibly hope to give you a step-by-step guide,

Wow you need to learn to read. He doesn't want step by step he only wants stap by stap.

But for the OP you really need somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5 million dollars to start. Takes about 500K per year to operate 1 ambulance on the cheap and for at least 3 years you have to be able to expect basically no income. If things go right maybe you make some money but probably no where near break even in the first 3 years unless you decide to commit fraud.

Next best thing to a good cup of coffee is a funny thread.

Russian Mafia? Seems like hard work.

Buy an old ambulance, and approach the cartels. Disclaimer: Your first patients will be in bulk load of big plastic bundles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.