OMFG another school shooting

Just Plain Ruff

This time in Connecticut at an elementary school. Multiple victims according to ABC News

Here's a link

http://abcnews.go.com/US/connecticut-school-district-lockdown-shooting-reports/story?id=17973836#.UMthtW9ZWDt

My condolences to everyone involved...and my strongest emotional support that I can possibly provide on an open chat forum to any first responders involved in the incident. This will leave enduring scars on everyone.

Edited by Arctickat

I actually cried when I heard this. I can not imagine what the families, teachers, students, friends, community are going through. I also can not imagine what the emergency workers are going through, the horrors they must have seen. I've seen some shit in my short career, I've been involved with kids but this, I know, without a doubt, would be my last day of work.

My heart breaks for everyone involved.

Nothing and I do mean nothing could ever ever prepare me for dealing with this kind of thing. I cannot even imagine it. I know without a doubt that if this kind of thing ever happened here...it would be my last day of work in EMS.

My thoughts and prayers to the victims families and to our EMS brothers and sisters.

My thoughts and prayers to those involed, from the families, teachers and students and also to the emergency services that responded to the scene

Why kids? What did they do? Innocent young lives fractured for the sake of some one having a melt down..........

the right to bear arms has gone really astray with this one.....maybe constitutional revision maybe required to fix this mess, (thats from a view point OUTSIDE of the USA, where it is a priviledge to own a gun...not a right).

• Like 1

I am heartbroken for the families of all of the deceased as well as the children who are traumatized by survival.

I am always dismayed that the conversation most commonly becomes an argument about guns and the discussion about how our mental illness and it's role as a public health issues is for the most part ignored.

How insensitive people are to even consider a weapons discussion before the coroner is even finished identifying the bodies.

I am proud of the people in this forum that demonstrate humanity in showing condolences and sympathy but refrain from personal ideological discussions.

Edited by DFIB