Back to life?

Bernhard

As I know your office and the people you now have to bear every day I feel a bit sorry for you although:)
You would wonder - the office now is a work environment and the people...well...are people.

December is not my favorite month anymore... At least not this one. And 2012 get in my chronic as the worst year so far...

Sorry to hear, get well soon (or whatever you suffer from) and always look on the bright side of death. This year started as my & my families worst even after the ones before were not so good as some of you may know and ended in pure but happy chaos. ;) I really enjoy the time and calm of this days now. Buddy, at least I now have rebuild my stock of good memories and therefore can send you some strong thoughts and good wishes, may they help you!

• 1 year later...

Happy new year.

I'm working my way back into EMS, so I decided to start reading here again. Missed you all a lot!

What has changed? I'm now getting paid for covering the daytime (monday-friday) on-scene officer-in-charge duty. I did it fulltime since my boss (and EMS director) got sick last december and he now isn't allowed to do this task any more due to actual health conditions. I was just the right person (having all the needed qualifications and experience) at the right place (available at the office during work hours). Contract was fixed last week. It's only an additional task to my current office job, but beside beeing more EMS related again, it includes a pay upgrade and a company car... :coool:

• 1 year later...

Well, for those who wondered where I've been all the years:

• I had big problems accessing this site from my smartphone. :(
  • Now it seems it works better (however, writing this from my PC at home, I rarely use now)...
  • I've left my job at the handicapped transport service and applied successfully for a regional EMS management position for the main EMS provider over here. So, eventually, I'm back in "real" EMS. However, not on the street...
  • The same way goes my assignment as (lowly) paid EMS chief-on-scene daytime position, it was associated with my now former office job. It now changes back to a volunteer evening/weekend shift service again, just as the last 20 years... Thus, I still will experience some of the mass casualty calls as officer, just not on daily base.
  • My "family's problems" are not solved, yet. We're still waiting for the final approvement of a proper treatment for a rare sickness (not for me). This may take up a lot of time I otherwise would spend on the internet. We had several hard years managing our family with this burden, but at least now there is hope.

I'm still serving shifts as "jumper" medic on the street and in our local very active volunteer first responder team. Since this forum is better accessible now, I may get more active again in discussions here. Plus having to share more inside experience from a "real" EMS position again. :)

See you!

Bernhard