Not very popular

kscrow

Welcome! I checked out that "other " site a while back. Too much of a gooberfest over there for me so I banned them!

• Like 1

I am on that site as well and I received a warning for calling someone a "troll" yet in another topic a female user calls me a Jerk and nothing happens.

I respect moderators and the site rules of all the forums I belong too. If your going to have moderators you need to enforce the rules fairly. I have come to the conclusion that "the other site" is a giant clique.

I have never seen a forum allow its members to vote on who should be a moderator (or as they call them "community leader").

There are a lot of intelligent people on that site but I think the cliquish behavior ruins it.

I have had my share of disagreements with people on this site and I can honestly tell you that I feel more comfortable and welcomed here than I do over at the other site. I think the membership here tends to realize that we are all individuals and right or wrong were not always going to agree.

I spent a lot of time lurking here before becoming a member and I can tell you that after reading a lot of the older posts there seem to be very few "banned" members by comparison to other sites.

As long as you don't create multiple accounts and are respectful of others opinions you should do fine here.

Welcome.

I post both here and on emtlife.

My guess would be the OP got banned because his website is seen as competition, or something along those lines, although that's a complete guess. The questions he was asking where a bit odd at first glance, but that's no big deal.

In all honesty I post far more there than I do here. This despite the very high number of moderators, unfairly and arbitrarily enforced rules, "family friendly" motiff, multiple instances of hero-worship among posters, and, just guessing here, a higher rate of posers.

So why do I post more there? Simple...it's far, far busier than here.

Sad but true.

(add in that the city seems to be coddling people more and more...unfortunate)

I post both here and on emtlife.

My guess would be the OP got banned because his website is seen as competition, or something along those lines, although that's a complete guess. The questions he was asking where a bit odd at first glance, but that's no big deal.

In all honesty I post far more there than I do here. This despite the very high number of moderators, unfairly and arbitrarily enforced rules, "family friendly" motiff, multiple instances of hero-worship among posters, and, just guessing here, a higher rate of posers.

So why do I post more there? Simple...it's far, far busier than here.

Sad but true.

(add in that the city seems to be coddling people more and more...unfortunate)

I agree with you about Life being busier. Like you I post there far more than I do here. That said there is something about quantity vs quality.

While I have had some worthwhile discussions over there it is mostly a "busy" site. I come here for more indepth and far more mature conversations.

My numbers here are less because I put more thought and care into what I post here. There is a topic here called "My second ride along" in which several members disagreed with my viewpoint. While they are entitled to that even the disagreements were thought out and mature. I have no doubt that if it would have been over at Life I can almost guarantee you that the topic would have deteriorated to name calling and would have been locked.

EMTLife is entertainment and gossip. EMTCity is maturity. There are good people on both sites but Life is definately the immature, juvenile of the sites.

I do wish City was a busier site though as I would rather be here.

That's actually pretty funny. When I started posting on EMS websites in 2007 that was more or less what I though; emtlife was for fun, emtcity was to learn something. Unfortunately, in that regard I think the difference has become smaller, due in part to the simple lack of posting here. And, while I come here less and may not be the best judge, at one time when this place was busier the amount of shittalking that went on was...awesome. The difference being that here it was allowed by all, not just some.

• Like 1

That's actually pretty funny. When I started posting on EMS websites in 2007 that was more or less what I though; emtlife was for fun, emtcity was to learn something. Unfortunately, in that regard I think the difference has become smaller, due in part to the simple lack of posting here. And, while I come here less and may not be the best judge, at one time when this place was busier the amount of shittalking that went on was...awesome. The difference being that here it was allowed by all, not just some.

The good old days when we could fight until we beat someone into submission. :punk: You are very right that this place used to be much busier and had quality topics that were debated heated. The problem is many of us got tired and have just drifted away from the forum.

In life, my friend, there are certain criticisms that you should take to heart, and that in turn will make you a better person.

Those criticism coming from the slight minded administrations of the (popular with the EMS personnel, namely from New Jersey) web forum, "EMT Life", are not the ones I speak of.

Let us take a journey. Ok, lets not. But sometimes people do better with analogies.

EMT Life is to EMS, what the Westboro Baptist Church is to... everyone that is not 100% in denial as to what is happening above the rock they reside under. We'll never know, because I'm sure they would ban them, as well as God, for religious views.

Let us pray for the souls of those on EMT Life. May the fires of hell and damnation rain down upon you, for all the days of your life, and you rot in the pits of hell, forever and ever.. Amen.

Yes, the banned the good doctor. EMS Nazi's

• Like 4

In life, my friend, there are certain criticisms that you should take to heart, and that in turn will make you a better person.

Those criticism coming from the slight minded administrations of the (popular with the EMS personnel, namely from New Jersey) web forum, "EMT Life", are not the ones I speak of.

Let us take a journey. Ok, lets not. But sometimes people do better with analogies.

EMT Life is to EMS, what the Westboro Baptist Church is to... everyone that is not 100% in denial as to what is happening above the rock they reside under. We'll never know, because I'm sure they would ban them, as well as God, for religious views.

Let us pray for the souls of those on EMT Life. May the fires of hell and damnation rain down upon you, for all the days of your life, and you rot in the pits of hell, forever and ever.. Amen.

Yes, the banned the good doctor. EMS Nazi's

Now that just made my night :thumbsup: