Not very popular

kscrow

I tried to maintain intelligent conversations that would usually end up with someone saying They were not that advanced in EMS, but they read a lot, and that allows me to tell you how full of s**t I am.

I was also interested by the people that checked me out when I first applied. It is like they would really like to know who you are. Almost like an intelligent and well thought post was a true oddity that demanded further inspection, not that any of my post were all that great.

I actually posted the same threads in both forums to monitor how the discussions progressed. The conversations over there were much longer but filled with insults and hero worship BS. I decided that I would always loose a discussion with the Bull S**ters because they were so much better at it than me.

I have not visited the other site roe some Some now. Probably will never go back.

Edited by DFIB

I think the problem with City is that the forum is old and tired looking. I find the main page to be really cluttered and quite frankly annoying. Personally, I like forums that use the software like Life uses. I like being able to hover my cursor over a thread and get a preview of what the thread is about to see if it is worth my time reading. I think if City would update its look and software it might find an increase in traffic.

Another draw back is that a lot of the topics are ALS oriented and there are a lot more BLS providers out there than ALS. While I enjoy reading and learning ALS stuff, the moderators should separate the two. Nothing worse than clicking on a topic that could apply to anyone (i.e. blood glucose levels) only to find the topic has to do with IV's or other ALS interventions.

I enjoy the scenarios but I personally think when a scenario is posted the ALS providers on the board should keep in mind that there are BLS providers here and to not necessarily jump into ALS interventions. Nothing worse that clicking on a scenario only to have the first replies being Medics saying "I would start an IV with..." and "I am going to drop a tube into the patient...".

Ultimately, life may get more traffic but as users realize what a cliquish group they are they will make their way over here.