Can a first year med student legally treat patients without direct Dr. oversight?

DwayneEMTP

I hope all of your patients treat you with the same courtesy and attempt to sue you into poverty every chance they get. I am in no way discrediting what happened to Dwayne but there is a difference between reporting questionable practices / billing and attempting to sue a provider for financial gain.

This is why so many providers are crippled by fear of litigation

well I live in a state where thats a possibility. but i know my scope of practice my protocols and proper documentation. so they are welcome to try. But as long as I do my job within my training, and to the best of my abilites. they wont achieve anything. But if i dont then i truely deserve it then dont I?

well I live in a state where thats a possibility. but i know my scope of practice my protocols and proper documentation. so they are welcome to try. But as long as I do my job within my training, and to the best of my abilites. they wont achieve anything. But if i dont then i truely deserve it then dont I?

You don't actually think that's true, do you? How the hell old are you and have you never paid attention to the news or what's happening to the medical field?

Just because you do everything "right" does not mean that you won't get sued, and it doesn't mean that if you do you'll win. Doing something "right" also does not gaurentee that an expert witness wouldn't testify that you were actually "wrong." Or that a judge might ignore the evidence. Or a jury go with their emotions instead of facts. Or your insurance (or hopefully your employers) won't settle to keep something out of court, even though you were "right." (if you think that doesn't matter then think again)

There is unfortunately a reason that far to many people practice defensive medicine, and the American legal system is a big part of it.

• Like 1