Lets get this party started! Post something here so we know you're alive!

spenac

Yea wifey wanted the creature comforts in hers too. Talked the dealership into giver her the power package at no charge, just a little more on the down payment. Wife really is waiting until 14 or 15 I believe for the pickup one, she really wants that. Don't know the name of it, I am thinking Commander for some reason.

Yea when I hear 9 speed 2.4L I thinking mall crawler more then trail rated.

Its funny when I hear creature comforts my mind wanders to lockers and disconnects instead of Nav and keyless entry. But thats just me LOL :D Did the same with the Xterra, was asking for the lockers, disconnects, roof lights, and skids while the salesman was telling my wife about keyless entry and heated seats. Salesman looked at me like I was talking jibberish to him, finally found one that knew about the truck vs the gimmicks. Had to look hard to find one but got it set up right for the trails.

So the commander was from like 06-10 and was a 7-passenger SUV with either a wimpy V6 3.7L engine or the V8 5.7

The trailhawk did the Rubicon trail with ease and comes with a factory lift, full skid plates, and sound capable except I dunno about this new engine.

There's two conversion kits for the JK...one I think is straight from Mopar and is the JK08 kit and it converts the JK 2-door into a pick-up style truck. Kit costs about $8k installed though I believe.

The other one is the Brute kit and that will cost about $10-12K to modify.

I have heard that by 2015 or 2016 they will have another 7-passenger SUV that they are naming the Grand Wagoneer (going old school!) but I haven't heard much as to capability/engine/MPG and the likes.

I really like the automatic sway bar disconnects on the JK Rubicon's and lockers are really nice when you're wheeling. Our next big mod is lifting another 2" throwing 33" on with a belly-up kit, front and rear ARB with a wrench. Skid plates are always a good starting point for new jeepers because they're pretty low cost but will protect your transfer case, fuel tank, and important underbelly items.

Yes the AEV Brute kits are what got her looking into the pickup version. There is actually a dealership up our way that does the conversions and sells them right on the lot. Price is about what you suggested depending on what level JK you're buying first.

I emailed her to ask, the Jeep Gladiator, she heard through the grapevine Jeep is coming out with them. I said 14-15 its actually 15-16 they should be coming out she said. Its her thing not mine so my brain is a little fuzzy on the details.

Sorry about the mall crawler comment, its just what i think of when I hear stuff like that. I know Jeep does the right thing, I should have known better. :confused:

No they definitely have mall crawlers... the compass and patriot are so gutless they aren't really Jeep's in my opinion. I'm just curious about the cherokee and what it's going to drive like. I love my liberty just not the mileage on it right now :(

My Nissan Quest is obviously not an off road vehicle, but I surprised an old friend when he needed a battery jump (NO, not with a Defibrillator). I had to drive up a somewhat steep incline on wet grass to get alongside his BMW, and he totally thought I was going to spin my wheels doing so. What can I say? Front wheel drive, even with 6 cylinders.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after a six month hiatus of crawling out the black hole and getting my noggin somewhat untwisted I figured I would see what is going down here ... now lets not get any ideas, I still hate you all with the very depths of my being but I just don't have the energy to go on long, deconstructive burnt out, lorazepam fuelled rants anymore because I just don't care :)

Emergentologist also found out I was doing his wife at the Best Western on 29th St so yeah, I am kinda broke after the lawsuit ...