EMS Health and Retirement Benefits

kscrow

I work as a consultant in the ambulance industry and am conducting some research on Health and Retirement benefits for EMTs and Paramedics. What we are finding so far is very interesting when we look at private ambulance comapanies versus fire departments. What's your story? Do you have input you'd like to share?

Well, I'm not sure about the ambulance industry, but the EMS Profession has a pretty good plan in my service. It's a split fee, 44% for the employee, 56% for the employer.

Critical Illness

STD

LTD

Extended Health

Dental

Vision

Life

Disability

for retirement, 4% of their annual income matched 112% by the company.

I work for a county based 911 service and we have GREAT benefits and retirement plans.

Health insurance-100% covered by employer with a 2500 dollar deductible.

We also have a cancer policy and an ICU policy provided at no out of pocket cost.

I have a life insurance policy that will pay out my last years salary plus 10 grand.

They provide a reduced price dental and vision plan as well.

The retirement plan is wonderful. The county pays 7% annual interest to what I put in and after 8 years of service I am vested meaning they match at 14% every year regardless of my employment status.

I was recently on a budget commitee where we compared our county benefits and pay versus the other counties in the state and I must say our county does a great ob of providing for its employees. However, we are looking for ways to save money so who knows what will happen!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.