• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Room 1:

Come check out the updated chat room.  Any member can use the chat.  Just click the "Chat Room" menu item.

Photo

Volunteer Services on East Coast

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 ems94

ems94
  • Members
  • 42 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Our volunteer dept takes 4 months. You have to make three consecutive meetings ( last Monday of every month) third meeting they vote fourth meeting you're active

#22 threemilerun

threemilerun
  • Members
  • 18 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Our volunteer dept takes 4 months. You have to make three consecutive meetings ( last Monday of every month) third meeting they vote fourth meeting you're active

|Do you run ACLS calls?

#23 ems94

ems94
  • Members
  • 42 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

I don't personally my scope of practice is BLS. I'm just an EMR as of right now...some of our guys have a higher scope of practice and are able to do more on our calls.

#24 Julian A

Julian A
  • Members
  • 38 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Well, if you wanna give Virginia a try, West End Volunteer Rescue Squad operates mostly in Richmond city, and runs ACLS. I believe that that every one of their ambulances operates as ALS, but you can check the site for confirmation (http://wevrs.org/). However, still gotta represent for Lakeside Volunteer Rescue Squad ( http://lakesiderescue.org/):We don't run exclusively ALS, but we run it often, in addition to BLS, depending on the call. You couldn't go wrong choosing either squad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users