Volunteer Services on East Coast

threemilerun

threemilerun,

Pre your request, you might want to check with the states you are thinking of working in, to see if they will accept your certifacation. I know of atleast three cases where the state of North Carolina will not accept out-of-state certifacations. If you got it here, yes the state will accept it. FYI

I hesitate to respond to this because I know exactly where my comments will go and how they will be taken.

As Kat noted, east coast of where? This is an international forum. There are a lot of east coasts to consider.

Next, as has been noted, if you talking east caose of the US and are a NR Paramedic then you need to look at individual states to see what their requirements for state licensure/certification are. Some states may accept your NR outright. Others may require a protocol test or some other state formality before documents are issued.

Lastly, while recognizing that everyone's motivations are different, why volunteer your time as a paramedic? It takes a lot of work to earn that certification. Why give it away for free? Also, if there are paid members of whatever organization you wind up working for there will be problems with you taking shifts from a paid staffer. Those problems won't come from management. You're free labour. Management won't care. Those problems will come from coworkers who will then view you as the problem for taking a job, even if just for a shift, away from one of the paid staffers.

Hi guys,

In follow up....I am an American citizen living abroad who qualified NREMT-P last year. I need to put some time up running ALS calls but cannot commit to a full time job. I am looking for a friendly NREMT state that I could do some volunteer work for. I am looking at travelling over for a few weeks every few months. Crazy as it may seem ...this is the position I am in ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.