Prayers Requested for "Momma B":

Richard B the EMT

With a HR that low, how was her mental state? Possibility that the low HR here may be causing fainting.

Perfectly fine. She was a tiny little thing though. Took a lot for her to decompensate...her problems actually all began when they put the pacemaker in.

Momma B is still in my prayers.

Update...

Mom is now in the Ocean Promenade Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center. My nephew picked up her hearing aid, batteries for same, and her glasses from the assisted living center, and brought them to her. While she physically looks better, she seems to be exhibiting aphasia, where she seems unable to find the right words. However, she also keeps trying to move unassisted, so I've engaged the services of someone to keep a "one on one" eye on her at night.

She also seems to confuse my nephew with both my brother and me, which is interesting, due to my brother being in North Dakota.

One constant is, she wants to go home. "Home" is still uninhabitable, due to no electricity, no heat, but plenty of mold on the basement rafters, and sand on the basement floor. At least there's no sheet rock or dry wall to rip out.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, newest update, first on my mom.

She is settling into the routines at the rehab/nursing home, but resents not being allowed to walk, being kept in a wheelchair except when in physical therapy. She's sundowning, but is somewhat her old self in the mornings.

The house:

Sand, debris, wet furniture and paper stuff removed, estimated by me to total roughly 3 tons, and taken by NYC Department of Sanitation to "Mount Trashmore", in the parking lot at Jacob Riis Park, Gateway National Recreation Area.

Wires in the basement replaced, as were the steam furnace and hot water boiler. As of the day and time of this posting, the furnace needs it's electrical controls connected. Due to the original "red tag" from the undermined foundation of the extension, awaiting my contractor"s structural engineer to advise if the wall is secure, or needs shoring up. After it's deemed secure, the gas company will reconnect the gas, I can get the furnace re-lit, heat the place up, and go home. Meanwhile 2 over matched electric space heaters keep the water pipes from freezing, and the basement and house to at least 40 degrees.

Lady J and I moved from the Montgomery, Orange County, NY "Super 8" Motel back to her house in Belle Harbor, 2 blocks from my house, on 12-02-2012. A week later, we lost half the electricity in her apartment for a week. When the power got restored, the TV cable went out, but so did the heat and hot water. We toughed it out for a week, using electric space heaters in place of the oil fired furnace, which is still being installed and connected, but gave up and went to a motel in Howard Beach, Queens County, the day before Christmas.

We wanna go home. Lady J's brother wants to go home. My mom wants to go home. Lady J's landlord and Landlady want to stay home for overnight, and snow is expected overnight, as part of a Nor'easter.

Oy Vey!

Good luck to us all!

oops, forgot: mold is mitigated, HEPA filter up and running, dehumidifier for basement awaiting furnace re-lighting before installation.

You and your family remain in my prayers. I hope you soon see the light at the end of the tunnel.