Prayers Requested for "Momma B":

Richard B the EMT

Prayers requested: My mother, Sara Berger, usually referred to here in EMT City, as "Momma B",was taken from the Sutton Gardens Assisted Living Center, Flushing, NY, to the Flushing Hospital at about 6:45 PM.

As of the time of this posting, I have no further information.

Richard C. Berger,

AKA Richard B, the EMT.

"Momma B" is in my prayers.

Update: "Momma B" has been moved to a cardiac monitoring floor at the Flushing Hospital. Per what they've told me, she has a heart rate of 58.

Earlier this month, when she fell at the assisted living center, she had been hospitalized at the New York Hospital of Queens (Division of NY Presbyterian Hospital), also on a monitoring floor, where she apparently also exhibited bradycardia. Perhaps a pacemaker will help?

Next update should be this evening. Thanks for any and all prayers.

Edited by Richard B the EMT

My Gmother lived for years with a heart rate in the 30s and low 40s. Keep strong buddy.

With a HR that low, how was her mental state? Possibility that the low HR here may be causing fainting.

As originally placed in Facebook, where we don't have as many EMTs or Paramedics...

Update on my mom, Sara Berger...

She is resting comfortably (I think) at Flushing Hospital. Tests continue to determine if she had a minor stroke, or is fainting due to a low heart rate (slow heartbeat, not circulating the oxygenated blood fast enough to her brain for it to function properly).

More as the information becomes available.