Greetings from sunny South Africa

Johan492

Greetings emtcity

I just want to take this opportunity to introduce myself quickly.

I qualified as an EMT-B in 2001 and an EMT-I in 2008. I am from a town called Margate in the province of Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa. I currently work on a first response vehicle. We primarily respond to Motor vehicle Accidents, medical calls and call to assist the fire department and the lifeguards. Our town is one of the busiest places during our summer holiday season. We go from about 100000 residents to 600000 residents for 8 weeks mid November to mid January.

During this time we rely on about 18 ambulances, and 8 primary response vehicle to service our community. So it tends to get quite busy.

hoping to participate in many disussions and general conversations as time progresses

Johan

post-45432-0-83811600-1353132957_thumb.j

• Like 1

Greetings mate

Quite a few SA ambo's out here in NZ; worked with lots of ex SA and they are very nice people, their stories are pretty intense thats for sure

By EMTB do you mean you're a BAA or an ECT?

Excuse me, I must now go familarise myself with when the next date the AB's are going to trash the Boks :D

Let me know when you find out the date KIWI, I completely missed the tri nations this year because it wasn't broadcast by my provider.

Oh, and welcome to the forums Johan.

Edited by Arctickat

http://www.snagfilms...d_i_will_forget

This is a documentary about Paramedics in SA, from what I understand talking to the mates from SA it's pretty much as it is

Tried a few times but couldn't get that movie to play, have you tried playing it recently? Just trying to figure out if it's my computer that's the problem or whether they removed the film but kept the link.

Disregard, it worked with firefox.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.