- 6 months ago we moved my dad into a level 4 long term care facility.
- 2 weeks ago he was assessed for indications of depression
- Last week the results came back from the evaluation, early onset mixed dementia and a UTI, he was started on a course of Cipro
- Couple of days N/V and O2 Therapy my mom decides that yesterday evening she's gonna spend the night with dad and sleep in the lounger in his room.
- Being very restless around midnite my dad looks at my mom and says, "I'm Scared". My mother gently asks, "Of what?" "What will happen tomorrow if I don't wake up?" My mom said "Don't worry, either way everything's gonna be alright." and he drifts off to sleep.
Vernon Lowey, EMT
Jan 28, 1932 - Oct. 21, 2012
Forever My Hero