• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Room 1:

Come check out the updated chat room.  Any member can use the chat.  Just click the "Chat Room" menu item.

Photo

Remote Industrial Medics

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 yakc130

yakc130
  • Members
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Many assorted and varying things. Few of them available here in the "Magic Kingdom."
Neutral

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

If you are looking for a retirement gig, then your best bet is an overseas job. specifically, the Middle East.

Most jobs here are tax-free if you are working for a foreign company, or government agency. There are lots of different types. If you are former military, you can get a job doing PSD work in Iraq or A-stan. If you want something a little slower, check any of the other countries over here. I have seen ads for major hotels and theme parks looking for medics.

One problem developing is that many of the countries, Saudi Arabia specifically, are asking for Batchelor's and Master's degrees in "Paramedicine," EMS, etc.

Australia is looking for medics for mining jobs, but with the exchange rate, it may not be worth it. Malaysia, and some other Pacific rim places are also looking for medics.

Recently, there have been many listings for austere locations in Africa.

Just do a Google search for "overseas paramedic jobs." You will be amazed.

#22 yakc130

yakc130
  • Members
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Many assorted and varying things. Few of them available here in the "Magic Kingdom."
Neutral

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

Here is an example I found just this morning. I withheld the contact info. You can pm me if interested.

ILS Paramedic Required Urgently In Abu Dhabi
Yas Water Park are urgently looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced ILS for a full time position

Salary is 14,000 AED (R28,000) Monthly negotiable, plus expat benefits

Please send CV's to Sanet Meyer at

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users