Chicks on the forums...

DwayneEMTP

Heh..yeah, I know they're ladies, some more than others, but who's going to click on that title?

Is it just me, or have we been really lucky lately to have some strong new posters? Yeah, I didn't think that it was just me.

I mention the girls in particular as I've seen them a couple of times stepping in with some of our other seasoned providers here...and, still acting like girls! Not backing down, staying in the discussions, but also not taking on the whole, "Just because I have boobs doesn't mean that I can't act just as crude and stupid as you!" attitude. And that's cool as hell I think.

Anyway, for what it's worth..... man, it's good to have you all. We've been missing some of our stronger women posters for a while, not all, but some, and the City, I believe loses something important when they're gone. I'm not sure what it is...but it's something that's always lost when there's not enough girl energy in a place.

Thanks for being here, to all of our new folks, whether you have an innie or an outie, it's been really cool this last bit to have some fresh attitudes, insights, and perspectives.

Dwayne

• Like 2

Sorry I just saw chicks, boobs and thought woooooo. ;) *checks pulse*

Anyway, I agree Dwayne, there has been some history on this site of playing the weaker sex card and some of our new lady posters are posting as they should, as EMS professionals. Is wonderful to see, now if we can stop some fence pissing posts from guys, I think we may be onto a good equilibrium.

Now I am off to hooters :P

Scotty

• Like 2

Ladies: Just remember that poor dwayne is living in isolation in papua new guinea so any female companionship is enough to get him excited.

Even the sheep are starting to look sweeeeeet ! right D

Edited by island emt
  • Like 2

Ladies: Just remember that poor dwayne is living in isolation in papua new guinea so any female companionship is enough to get him excited.

Even the sheep are starting to look sweeeeeet ! right D

That is soooooo cold!!!!!

Aww, thanks :)

In the field, I'm not male or female, I'm an AEMT. Shouldn't be any different here, lol. Opinions are like assholes anyways, everybody's got one. It don't matter if you have boobs or not (which I do). :devil:

I'm glad that everyone can have such fun with my sexually deprived delimas...

But Rural, surely you know that that's not true? You may choose to try and be asexual on scene, and if that's true, then that's too bad, as women bring a unique energy as well as a separate set of strengths to anything that they do. I think that we lose much of that when we try and deny our inherant plumbing.

True, right? The guys that you know that get all wishy washy and overly sensitive about things may be viewed in the media as a "better" person, but they've in fact lost some of their potency by denying some of the masculinity. Speaking in mature terms, not comparing Pee Wee Herman to the macho swaggering asshole. (Speaking in each case of mentally/emotionally sound examples of each sex.)

And there are many places, particularly in EMS, where a woman is a much better choice for a situation than a man, yet she loses much of that when she chooses to be "macho", walking like a cow, speaking like a drill sargent, doesn't she?

If we have a scale of all possible human interactions, all human activities, I think that you would be able to slide up and down that scale and at each instance decide if a man, or a woman, would be a better fit for creating the best possible outcome in regard to that 'thing', (with skads of overlap of course) but, should you go through and then add up each place that a man was superior and each place a woman, I think that at the end of the day we'd find, pretty much, a zero balance.

Don't allow anyone to convince you that attempting to be apparently asexual is a strength. It really isn't.

Anyway.....Rural, if we're lucky enough to convince you to stick around you'll probably find that sitting in the jungle for weeks at a time causes me to try and expound on things that aren't terribly relavant, and most often well above my ability to have an intelligent opinion. This would be a 'week 5' rant here...

Thanks for playing...

Dwayne

Poor Dwayne, it must really be hard for you to have no boobs to look at.

I use my boobs to my advantage all the time! I get all kind of special favors and treats just for being a woman. For instance, being a female I am smaller than all my partners so they always elect to toss me through windows when doors are locked and crawl into cars for prolonged extrications. I am also usually left to do all the emotional duties, death notifications and such....yeah, I totally get special priveleges due to my boobs. NOT!!!! :bonk:

• Like 1

MOOOOOOO, lol. Not asexual on scene, just not oh poor female. That shit I can't stand. I've got females that I work with that have no balls for anything from writing reports to attempting an IV to being scared to give meds that we are now able to give due to our newly transitioned status. When they do that it just plan pisses me off. Yes, sometimes, females are better at certain things thing males :) I don't think the prolapsed cord pt would have liked to have had too many men in the back of the ambulance the day my partner's hand was in a certain area, lol. But, I try not to let being a female affect the care my pt gets, not that any man does let his sexuality get in his way (but we all know how a great many men can be). In fact, there are only 2 EMT's out of my station that are male, along with most of the drivers. up until a year ago, none of the personal I ran with other then the drivers where male. The only thing being female truly affects when I'm on scene is possibly lifting some of the heavier pts and then the fire department is great about coming out to help with that when we need to. That and the bullshit factor of some calls that involve females. I can smell that crap a mile away.

FYI, I plan on sticking around. And expound on what ever inane things you feel the need too. I don't offend easily.

Oh, I do, however, have the need to make sure my uniform shirt (a polo) has one of the buttons done so my pts and whomever my partner is for that run don't have an over abundance of clevage tossed in their face. Especially the newly 21 year old VERY shy guy that turns read at the mention of boobage.

Edited by RuralKSEMS