suggested reading for future paramedic students

IanOlson05

I just looked into the prerequisites at the local college. They require a medical terminology class and strongly advise taking anatomy prior to enrolling in the paramedic program. I'd have to agree. I have taken both those classes and wish I'd taken A&P before my paramedic program. I remember sitting in A&P and making connections to why we do things as paramedics.

I didn't know that colleges had any prerequisites for the paramedic program. I think that's definetely a step in the right direction!

• Like 2

Nice Ian...

Yeah MG I think that many do. I had to have Bio201 (Anatomy) prior, and you could take Bio202 (physiology) at the same time as the course.

And yeah...it makes all the difference having even that level of college science before going into medic school...

• 1 month later...

Good Evening

I am currently a active deployed military service member and I am coming up on the end of my tour. I am not a corpsman, But I am part of the first responder team.

So I am currently looking to see about maybe finding a online class or something along that line to work torwards becoming a paramedic when I am done with my contract.

So if anyone knows a good direction to start heading in please let me know