LP 15 without 12 Lead capabilities?

DwayneEMTP

Damn, Dwayne. I wish I had a copy of the ECG I had taken a week or so ago. To answer your question, you can't use a non-diagnostic mode to determine ST elevation. All you can identify is rate and rhythm. I'll check through my LP12 archives, I might be able to print off a summary of the call.

Thanks Man...

What I'm having trouble figuring out is exactly where Physio drew the line. Are the leads running in diagnostic mode simply because they've been applied or is there no diagnostic mode unless you hit the 12 lead button?

Thanks Man...

What I'm having trouble figuring out is exactly where Physio drew the line. Are the leads running in diagnostic mode simply because they've been applied or is there no diagnostic mode unless you hit the 12 lead button?

Only 12 lead mode removes the filters to the best of my knowledge. Otherwise the filters are working to make the rhythm readable while bouncing down the road. Filtering obviously can mask ST segment changes both good and bad.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

If you didn't you should probably find out if you can change the internal settings. I think (it may not have been with LifePacks) that with some monitors you are able to manually adjust when it is in diagnostic mode vs non-diagnostic and make it permanent. Doesn't neccasarily make a lot of sense for a field provider, but if you're in a static location...

• Like 1

Triemal is right, I believe there is a setting to adjust the LP12 so that it always functions in diagnostic mode. I couldn't remember for sure so I was gonna take a look at it later and send you some instructions. It involves accessing the maintenance menu though and if someone has changed the combination, you're screwed.

• Like 1

Okay, first you have to enter the setup menu, to do this press the "Options" and "Event" button at the same time, then turn on the monitor.

post-21792-0-10863600-1348705654_thumb.j

Keep holding the buttons down while the machine boots up and you will get this screen.

post-21792-0-85089300-1348705704_thumb.j

The default code is 0000, but if it's been changed you'll have to find out what it is.

Once you enter the code, using the selector knob you'll have this screen

post-21792-0-03811500-1348705802_thumb.j

Select "Printer"

post-21792-0-15556500-1348705851_thumb.j

You'll be able to modify the settings in here. I don't know of any way to modify the display though but you'll get a diagnostic quality printout.

This is also dependent on what software package your monitor has installed. This may not even be possible to do.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.