just wanted to say hi

william mooney

something like that i guess and hey now im not that far into spanish yet.. im still going through grammar stuff and not forming spanish sentences yet

Of course you really aren't forming english sentences yet either :whistle:

Little humor there for ya.

On a serious note, have you considered an online english writing course?

Going into EMS with terrible writing skills is going to open you up to legal problems with your patient care documentation. This will really plague you for your entire career.

im actually sitting in classes which doesnt help me any... my teacher wont stick with one language she will be speaking english more than spanish

Of course you really aren't forming english sentences yet either :whistle:

Little humor there for ya.

On a serious note, have you considered an online english writing course?

Going into EMS with terrible writing skills is going to open you up to legal problems with your patient care documentation. This will really plague you for your entire career.

i can do patient documentation with no problems passed that in my class

i can do patient documentation with no problems passed that in my class

I won't bite this hook because I suspect you are very young.

Let me just say as a generic statement "I passed it in school" is not a good defence, either in court, practicum, or consulting experts in the subject matter.

The proof is in the pudding my friend, and I guarantee your school has not prepared you to write legal documentation regarding patient care.

I won't bite this hook because I suspect you are very young.

Let me just say as a generic statement "I passed it in school" is not a good defence, either in court, practicum, or consulting experts in the subject matter.

The proof is in the pudding my friend, and I guarantee your school has not prepared you to write legal documentation regarding patient care.

oooo i see a spelling mistake in your reply on my topic its defense not defence sir

plus im starting into clinicals before long to add to that so ill get my practice

If I was a lawyer, I'd eat your reports for breakfast. The fact that you passed "documentation" in your class doesn't mean anything.

Do you want to improve your English language skills? Or do you honestly not care?

There's lots of *great* and I mean *GREAT* medics here trying to give you a bigger picture... you yourself admit you're in your teens (that's when I started as well, by the way) so you should realize that your job is to be a giant sponge and absorb all the wonderful information thrown your way. Once you've been a provider for a while you can decide which bits to chuck aside as unimportant...

I'll give you several instances in which English mastery is important:

-Resume. You hand me a resume with no capitalization, word misuse, spelling errors? I'm going to round file it. It's my first impression of you.

-Documentation. As I said above, if I were a lawyer, I'd eat your reports for breakfast. You can learn to do better, and you should- not just for your own professionalism, but to contribute to our profession as a whole.

-Professional communication in the workplace. There are many who will miss the message for the mistakes in your communication. Email is your friend, both CYA and rapid communication wise... if you can't learn to write one quickly and correctly, it'll hold you back.

Welcome to the City! You're going to do great. Ask lots of questions, and put your all into it.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

RN-ADN Student (21 days and counting)

oooo i see a spelling mistake in your reply on my topic its defense not defence sir

plus im starting into clinicals before long to add to that so ill get my practice

Dude. Mobey uses Canadian English. He's in CANADA. Ergo, British English spellings... extra vowels here and there... c's instead of s's... you get my drift...

Just saying...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.