just wanted to say hi

william mooney

Hello William,

Good on you for studying to be an EMT!

EMS is one of the quirkiest but coolest subcultures you can find. It is both exciting and rewarding.

Don't be shy because you are just starting. We will be happy to help you along as you go through school. I have found the scenarios to be particularly rewarding in practicing skills and thinking out of the box.

Welcome to the EMTCITY!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

thanks for the welcomes

Hello William,

Good on you for studying to be an EMT!

EMS is one of the quirkiest but coolest subcultures you can find. It is both exciting and rewarding.

Don't be shy because you are just starting. We will be happy to help you along as you go through school. I have found the scenarios to be particularly rewarding in practicing skills and thinking out of the box.

Welcome to the EMTCITY!

im working on straightning out my binder for my class... into the different divisions

Welcome William!

Let me be the first to say: Your grammar sucks!

Studying to become an EMT means more that a Bledsoe textbook. You are entering healthcare now, and it is your duty to progress your profession.

A great start is to present yourself as a professional. Eg: Neatly kept uniform, shiny boots, hide tattoos, no public obsene language, etc. When you are online you will want to choose non controversial screenames, and use proper spelling and punctuation.

Judging by your first post you have a long way to go. Luckily for you, there are many of us here that will remind you relentlessly since it is our profession too, and the way you present yourself is the way you represent our profession.

Happy studying!

Welcome.

Please take a lot of what Mobey said to heart. He has presented some important information for you. Well, he has presented some important information for all EMS providers.

Do not, however, take his comments personally. They are not intended to bash you. They are simply intended to remind you that you are entering a new profession in which a certain level of professionalism is expected.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.