Breaks out the windex and looks around

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Wow...it's been a while since I was around these parts other than a quick lurk at a post that floated across facebook. I am not even sure how many of the folks around here now will even remember me other than Admin, if he is even still around. I truly miss this place and will try to make a more concerted effort to come around more often and see you guys. Now a little update, I am working a wonderful large non profit that many are familiar with after I left medic school I went back to College and completed an AA in Technical theatre as well as working on all of the prerequisite classes that the late Dustdevil and the great AKFlightmedic ordered me to take and yes I am still a EMT B although I am toying with the idea of going for my medic even though I am currently working on a degree in Emergency Management focusing on Disaster Relief. I moonlight from time to time around the great state of CA and look forward to reconnecting with old friend (if any are left) and meeting new ones.

Posted · Report post

I suppose that I would be one of the new friends. Welcome back!

Posted · Report post

I hope I will be one of the new friends, welcome back.

Posted · Report post

Welcome back, Tyler.

Posted · Report post

Oh my gosh how could I have forgotten to mention the wonderful paramedicmike as well.

Posted · Report post

*Remembers. Welcome Back.

Posted · Report post

Tyler, welcome back. IF you can guess who this is I'll send you a virtual EMS Patch.

Posted · Report post

Tyler - well timed old friend. Nice to see you back again, I just wiped the dust off myself a few days ago. Welcome back.

Posted · Report post

welcome back Tyler :)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Captain ToHellWithItAll' timestamp='1345667884' post='286399']
Tyler, welcome back. IF you can guess who this is I'll send you a virtual EMS Patch.
[/quote]

hey Captain - I figured you out, where's mine ?

Posted · Report post

You never asked till now

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Posted · Report post

I know exactly who you are Captain, I will send ya message on facebook and thanks for the warm welcome folks. I know I said I will try to be around more often and I genuinely will be but with the hours I work I just ain't as available as I once was...and I am slowly learning I ain't as young as I once was.

Posted · Report post

Welcome back ty!

(kate) aka scuba :)

Posted · Report post

Hello Tyler... you are an interesting fellow... however, if you complain about getting old... I will kick your ass.....:-)

Posted · Report post

Welcome BACK, my friend.

(@ Kaisu: I'm 58, on the ambulances from 1973. Medically retired, due to bad knees and back, from the FDNY EMS from October 2010, but with an active EMT "cert" in my wallet that's good until Spring, 2015, and taking all sorts of EMS related Continuing Medical Education lectures, seminars, "webinars" and webcasts. Gonna kick MY ass for discussing age?)

Posted · Report post

Nope - you get a pass... cause you're older than dirt

Posted · Report post

Ah its good to be back and thanks Richard for the welcome back but you know something even as old as you are us "youngins" learn something from you almost everytime we talk to you. I personally enjoy hearing your stories from "back in the day"

Posted · Report post

Hey guys I know I said I would be around for a while but alas that wonderful hurricane had other ideas I ship out at noon for that wonderful state of Louisianna. I will try to be on as often as I can but I make no promises.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TylerHastings' timestamp='1346204216' post='286689']
Hey guys I know I said I would be around for a while but alas that wonderful hurricane had other ideas I ship out at noon for that wonderful state of Louisianna. I will try to be on as often as I can but I make no promises.
[/quote]

Don't forget to sample the local cuisine! When I went to New Orleans for Rita/Katrina, our crew was pretty much restricted to the 'campsite' (while management lived in hotels), so I wasn't able to get a good 'taste of the region'.....STILL want to try crawfish etouffee!!

Posted · Report post

So once again Greetings from some place besides my usual place of residence, I am currently typing to you all from Garden City New York so Richard B or any of you other NY folks that want to grab a drink or a cup of coffee give me a shout out I woulde be glad to oblige. You ahve to love this wonderful organization that I work for and how I never know where I am going to be going next.

Posted · Report post

Tyler, how long will you be in New York?

Posted · Report post

Welcome back :)

Posted · Report post

I am in New York through the 9th of December working for the American Red Cross.

Posted · Report post

Damn it TH, I thought maybe you were dead!

Good to see you back Brother....

Posted · Report post

Nah just crazy life I mentioned you in a post a few minutes ago.