New Utah Student

hannahblumel

Welcome to the City:) This is a great place to learn from a great group of folks. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask, you'll nearly always get a quick answer. I've been to Utah many times, never lived there though. I've covered most of the country at one time or another and Utah is probably in the top 3 in terms of friendliest people. I was taking emt classes more recently than most of the people here so let me just throw a couple things your way.

1: ALWAYS do the reading. Read and study and read some more. this ties in with number two which is...

2: NEVER skip a class. Here's the thing. EMT basic classes are so condensed that missing one class generally means missing 2 or 3 chapters worth of material. You don't want to miss a minute of it. You need to get the reading done and the class time.

The state testing, both practical and written were cake compared to our instructor's requirements. With any luck you'll have a teacher that really cares about how his or her students turn out. The bottom line in the class is that you get out of it exactly what you put in. If you decide this is the field for you and you put in the time and effort to be the best you can be then you should do fine. We started with 35 and after the first test we had 24. After midterm we had 13 but it would have been easy enough to guess that after a few weeks. If you put in the effort it shows. If you don't, likewise. Good luck and take care.

• Like 2

Dfib - you are a doll and thank you for those kind words.

Dwayne - bite me. (ha ha) Not too good for you at all! Just absolutely exhausted at the end of each of my days. My pedometer indicates about 4.5 miles average each day and my muscles swear it more than that! ha ha

Hanna - join in the banter. It is like one big family around here!

Edited by tcripp
  • Like 1

Thanks Toni! I will definitely be asking you many questions once i start my classes. I don't know how much this will help me, but I'm getting the textbook early so I can read through it before I start class. If nothing else it will make me less nervous!

Thanks Toni! I will definitely be asking you many questions once i start my classes. I don't know how much this will help me, but I'm getting the textbook early so I can read through it before I start class. If nothing else it will make me less nervous!

Getting the textbook early isn't a bad thing...but please know that some of the textbooks are lacking. Take time to research what you read in your text books to get a good feel for "what is".

Getting the textbook early isn't a bad thing...but please know that some of the textbooks are lacking. Take time to research what you read in your text books to get a good feel for "what is".

Ok I will keep that in mind for sure. I will read it and then adjust my learning based on what the professors have to say. I can also ask on here too as I read before school starts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.