14 dead, 50 injured in Aurora, CO shooting

scubanurse

Prayers to all the victims, their families and the community itself.

my prayers go out to the families of those who are all involved. Another sad day in America.

I hope they fry the sick SOB.

Unlikely, they don't kill crazy people.

The suspect in the killing of 12 people at a Colorado screening of the new Batman movie had colored his hair red and told police he was "the Joker," according to a federal law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation.

Police say James Holmes, 24, was dressed in protective gear and set off two devices of some kind before firing from an AR-15 rifle, a 12-gauge shotgun and at least one of two handguns recovered. A source said Holmes carried a magazine capable of holding more than 100 rounds and that his guns were purchased legally in the past six months.

The needle is probably not in his future.

We'll have to see. Insanity defenses require lots of psychological testing and if there's no history of any mental illness, I doubt he'll get it.

Absolutely terrible. Jessica Ghawi death was very shocking as well. A link to a news report about her was posted above. She was at the Eaton mall shooting in Toronto, narrowly surviving. Then a month or so later ended up dying in this one. A link to her blog about the first shooting can be found here. http://jessicaredfield.wordpress.com/

Edited by Yarbo

The atrocities people are capable of always amaze especially when it is so close to home. It reallly shouldn't after watching news my whole life. May God help the survivors and their famlies as they deal with the days to come.

I think it is time for a real conversation about guns in our country. I am a republican and in favor of the 2nd amendment, but I don't believe any citizen needs access to a 100 round clip and an assault rifle to "hunt" or protect themselves. These weapons should be reserved for military use only.

• Like 2