14 dead, 50 injured in Aurora, CO shooting

scubanurse

The suspect in the mass shooting at a Colorado movie theater early today has been identified as James Holmes of Aurora, two federal law enforcement sources said. He is 24 years old.

Authorities have revised the shooting death toll downward from 14 to 12. Also, the number of injured has been lowered from 50 to at least 38.

President Obama will address the nation about the shooting at 11:20 a.m. ET.

Watch live coverage now on http://CNN.com/Live

What makes someone do something like this? Surely we will be finding more out about this over the next coming weeks but as weve already seen, the media already has their theories.

Prayers and thoughts to everyone involved.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

This is just awful. I can't even imagine how the families of the victims are feeling here. Thoughts and prayers go out to them, even though I'm not praying much anymore.

I would like to applaud the members of this site by the way. Every other forum I've been to this morning has had huge explosive arguments between people pushing different agendas and using this tragedy to emphasize their point. On all sides. It's absolutely disgusting and unforgivable. This is the first online place I've been where no one is using a tragedy to forward their own political crap. Good for the City.

• Like 1

This is just awful. I can't even imagine how the families of the victims are feeling here. Thoughts and prayers go out to them, even though I'm not praying much anymore.

I would like to applaud the members of this site by the way. Every other forum I've been to this morning has had huge explosive arguments between people pushing different agendas and using this tragedy to emphasize their point. On all sides. It's absolutely disgusting and unforgivable. This is the first online place I've been where no one is using a tragedy to forward their own political crap. Good for the City.

I think our life experience in EMS makes us more sensitive to the pain and suffering that result from such horrid and dastardly acts of senseless violence. Personally I can see/imagine in very vivid color the suffering, pain and desperation of victims. The thoughts of EMS as they begin to evacuate the wounded and provide emergent care. The desperation and anger as everyone tries to comprehend, how and why this could happen.

I pray that the survivors can find peace in their new reality.