I found this pic amusing

BillKaneEMT

The reason I laughed at this is simply because it's true to life. I've had multiple calls over the last couple weeks for minor injuries. I don't begrudge people that, if they feel the need to call an ambulance I'll be happy to pick them up and take them to a hospital. What's funny is when someone with a shallow extremity laceration (which was mostly controlled by pressure before we even arrived) has us take him to the ER and expects to bypass all the other patients because he shelled out for a rig. Sorry friend, doesn't work that way. Not around our hospitals anyway. The caption may seem a little cold but it's a fairly accurate assessment of our ER's policy.

triage.jpg

We just passed it around and had a good laugh. As we are looking at it, along comes an ambulance crew with a pt that fell and hurt her hip, still sucking down her Big Gulp.

Yeah, i just wish the hospital would let us unload these people into the waiting room rather than make us baby sit them in the hallway for 3 hours.

That's crazy. When I bring in one of those, in my radio patch I tell the hospital the patient is triagable. They meet me at the door, sign for the patient and walk the patient into the waiting room. (I make sure I don't start an IV.) No fuss no muss

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.