Obligatory new member post - Minnesota

Well, I ran out of stupid phone games to play at work so I now migrate to lurker status here.

I am a full time paramedic with Hennepin EMS in Minneapolis since 2008 and have never worked somewhere that I more implicitly love and and proud to work at.

I spent 3 years working for Mayo Clinic's ambulance service and although I don't regret my time there, I am very glad to not be there anymore for my own mental health.

I'm also a pretty apathetic volunteer firefighter in the suburb I live in.

I spent most of February of this year in the DFW area taking my CCEMTP at Careflite and have nothing but wonderful things to say about that program and the educators they employ.

my general goal is to take a reserved approach to EMS and make sure that we all know that we aren't the most important people in the world but still have a vital role and really try to have as much fun as possible while at work but when my 40 hours is up, work is over.

Blah, blah, blah.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lurking is fine but I would much rather see you share your experience with us in the forums.

Welcome to the City.

Welcome, West Metro. I also work for Hennepin, over at the courthouse. I used to work for HCMC and just went through EMT-B at the South Metro training center in Edina.

Isn't Hennepin EMS the best? You and your peers are the standard bearers of professionalism in these here parts.

I know there are several former NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation EMS personnel, as well as past and present FDNY EMS Command personnel, on this site. I also know I'm probably going to meet at least one member of the "City" at the New York State Volunteer Ambulance and Rescue Association Convention, known as "Pulse Check", in October, at the Crown Plaza in Suffrin (spelling?) NY, but I'm not going to give up the name, until I clear it with him.

I've been a "fair to middlin'" EMT for 38 years. For all I know, some who actually know me might deny they do, from somewhere along that time.

Dumb story that ties in, here. I mentioned to a female NYC HHC EMS co-worker, in total innocence, she looked like someone from my Volunteer Ambulance Corps. She became upset with me, actually disrupting the Emergency Medical Dispatch center, as she threatened me with sexual harassment charges. I actually requested an audience with both my Chief, union rep, and the union president, in my own defense, as it was interfering with my work at the EMD. She never filed charges. After a few harrowing weeks on my part, she went on maternity leave, and it was then I was told she not only looked like my former VAC colleague, she WAS my former VAC colleague! (With no comment on that episode, and not using her real name, SHE requested being "Friended" on Facebook. I accepted it, but don't converse with her.. I don't know why she did that, or why I did that)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.