Don't know if I can keep doing this

naturegirl

...I am pretty stubborn...

:o

I'm sitting here right now wondering if my moderatorship gives me the power to change your name to Capt. Understatement! (Yeah, with the !, maybe more than one.)

I miss you, and think of you often, but you are without a doubt the most pigheaded woman, perhaps most pigheaded person of any sex and/or species that I've ever met....And yeah, that includes pigs...

Just sayin'...

Hang in there. If you try other services and you still keep being in trouble all the time then you have to consider that you may be the problem. At this point it sounds like the problem is the current service. Stay professional but find a quick way out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a quick follow up. Time is amazing. I took a chance and confided in a long term employee here some of what has been happening. IT'S NOT ME! She confirmed that this hostility came with this new administrator and many people are working on baling out. She did also state that no one knows why or when he goes after someone but there's probably nothing I can do to change his treatment of me. It's pretty much written in stone now that I'm on the losing side. I'm just happy to know it wasn't me. Thanks for all the good advice. I hope if you need it you take from it. It helped me alot. I may not be as good a medic as some people here, but I'm a better person. Catch everyone later.

• Like 1

Unfortunately you get that in a lot of places at work. It is never easy fitting in when you first start out in a place. All you can do is to try to build yourself up and show them that you can succeed. No, it is not easy, nothing in life is ever easy, but that is the best way to grow up and make a success of yourself. If everything was easy, the world would be in chaos. Those people being so horrible to you, probably went through the same bs as you. They feel that if they do it to someone else, they will feel better about how they felt in the past. The best medicine is to keep building yourself up so that nobody can break you down completely. It hurts, but you will reap the fruits from it at the end of the day.

• 3 months later...

Wow, I think we work for the same service! Our BLS coordinator recently asked why I've stopped running so much. I told him I'm tired of getting screamed at by at least one person every run. I was a EMT-I for several years back in 90's when I let my cert laspse. I was a D First Responder for a few and last year got back into EM as a Basic. Inevitably, someone will tell me I've done something wrong. Usually it's someone with less experience, who couldn't do it the way they want me to do it anyway.

I'm thinking you and I are being told it's time to move on. There are understaffed services everywhere looking for people. Maybe we should look elsewhere.......

Be careful and cautous where you look. Those understaffed services sometimes are places that have reasons for being understaffed.

But that being said, it sounds like you both need new venues and new leases on your EMS careers.

I have nothing new to say other than echoing what has been said before on these threads.

Too bad Admin won't allow us to put a long thread with a list of services to avoid like the bubonic plague with a side of Ebola served up cold. We would call it The toxic EMS service thread. Places to go work for only if you enjoy masturbating with a sheet of 90 grit sandpaper and then pouring hydrochloric acid on the wound.

But I don't think Admin would allow that type of thread here so we must move forward and hope that none of us ever work for a service like that.

I've worked for a couple companies like that...

It's hell when you're labeled the 'company screw-up' simply because the boss is a jackass and they've got nothing better to do than to hunt for problems where there are none.

I've tried the "What can we do to make this working relationship better' route, only to find that the supervisor I was talking to (and honestly trying to make things smoother) wasn't holding up his/her end of the bargain.

I've been praised by ER Docs in Detroit for my work, I've been remembered by Medical Directors for my knowledge (3 years after the class he taught when I was taking EMT-B for the first time). I really cannot be that much of a f*ck up!

It's also statistically impossible for one person to be right all the time (conversely, it's statistically impossible for one person to be wrong all the time).

It sounds like the best thing you can do for yourself (and your sanity) is to start looking into other companies in your area and get away from these anal-retentive jerks!

From your description, I'm genuinely surprised that no one has brought up the possibility that your employer is creating a "hostile work environment." That is a violation of Federal law, and they can get into a LOT of trouble if they get busted.

But honestly, if I were you, I would do what is best for my own mental health, and that is usually just get out of Dodge, and into a better place.

My former urban employer was one of those toxic places. We had a high turnover of staff, over 50% of us were using EAP, discipline for anything minor was off the charts, and sick calls were rampant. Some people were so beat down that they refused to quit because they believed that they wouldn't get hired anywhere else.

I took a chance, and an almost 60% pay cut, and got out. Best decision of my life.

Some folks believe that the grass is never greener, but you'll never know unless you peek over the fence.

Good luck.

• Like 2

awwww.. you silver tongued devil. I can't understand why you have trouble getting laid....

Freakin hilarious!!!

She's got your number!

She confirmed that this hostility came with this new administrator and many people are working on baling out. She did also state that no one knows why or when he goes after someone but there's probably nothing I can do to change his treatment of me.

You know, you said a key phrase in there. If this continues, and you feasibly can't leave the job, the words hostile work environment might do the trick. If he's got a single brain cell, he should back down. If not, there's a nice federal statute with his name on it!!!

Places to go work for only if you enjoy masturbating with a sheet of 90 grit sandpaper and then pouring hydrochloric acid on the wound.

Where the hell do you guys come up with this stuff??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1