Howdy

Fenta

Howdy at all,

some days ago I accidentally found this forum. And now I've found a bit time to say hi between my Volunteer shifts.

To me.

I am 34 years old, come from Germany and I am something like an EMT-P. I work since 17 Years as Volunteer EMT for an Civil Protection Unit and befor 5 Years i was a paid Professional in EMS.

I hope to meet here nice people, get new friends and learn new things.

Greetings from the other side of the bis Pond !!! :wave:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Fenta, welcome!

Ít`s getting crowded with all the germans now, isn`t it? ;)

I`m an RA from Thuringia. RS would be more like EMT-B though, I guess.

Thank you for the welcome paramedicmike and Vorenus. :wave:

@Vorenus

That's difficult to say. I've learned in the country rescue and was trained according to the old laws. Whether it is good or bad I do not know....

I would be interested in what the different training levels here differs. Then I could better assess where I stand. The people from New York with which I write regularly about medical matters, always said to me that i am something like an EMT- P.

Thank you for the welcome paramedicmike and Vorenus. :wave:

@Vorenus

That's difficult to say. I've learned in the country rescue and was trained according to the old laws. Whether it is good or bad I do not know....

I would be interested in what the different training levels here differs. Then I could better assess where I stand. The people from New York with which I write regularly about medical matters, always said to me that i am something like an EMT- P.

What do you mean with the "old laws"?

Take a quick google search or a look at Wikipedia for a general overview over the qualification levels.

But if you`re a Rettungssanitäter with the normal curriculum, your training level is significantly below an EMT-Paramedic, and better compared to an EMT-Basic.

I was under the principles for the training of EMTs of the Federal / State Committee "rescue " of 20/09/1977 trained and tested in North Rhine-Westphalia. Since 2001, there is a new training and examination regulations of the Federal / State Committee "rescue".

Times are changing....Only the fact that before the law not exist the " Notkompetenz " will never change. Everything we do is always done in Justifying emergency. ;)

As said, just look at some links about qualification levels. I don`t want that to become a pissing contest about the level of education,

Just have a look at the scope of practice of EMT-Bs, EMT-Is and EMT-Ps and compare them to the scope of a RS.

Terrible ..

what do you use for words ?

Honestly, I was just curious. But I did not want a tail comparison or whatever.

I think no matter what we write here, the most important thing is that we do our job well and love what we're doing.

Terrible ..

what do you use for words ?

Honestly, I was just curious. But I did not want a tail comparison or whatever.

I think no matter what we write here, the most important thing is that we do our job well and love what we're doing.

What do you mean? ;)

I was just getting at some points, you know. And I think the tip about looking up the scope of practices of the different levels was pretty valid.

What do you mean? ;)

That.......... :huh: vvvvvv

I don`t want that to become a pissing contest about the level of education,

I was just getting at some points, you know. And I think the tip about looking up the scope of practices of the different levels was pretty valid.

10-4 That was understood.

However, one must not be unfriendly. ------> pissing is not my word.....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.