Cardiac Arrest, Hypothermia, and Resuscitation Science

This course will explore new breakthroughs in the treatment of patients during cardiac arrest and after successful resuscitation, including new approaches to cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and post-arrest care

This course is Free. You have to set up an account. The course starts in July. It's offered through Coursera but the instructor I believe is from Penn State.

Sounds like a great course. I don't know if there is a participant limit but this is probably a course that many of us won't regret taking.

I did have a bit of trouble setting up an account but I sent an email to the coursera admins and I suspect that might be rectified over the next couple of days. The course starts July 7.

https://www.coursera.org/#course/cardiacarrest

Ok, I was able to sign up for the course and an account. It just took a couple of attempts. Maybe there are many people trying and it's overloading their servers.

There are a lot of cool classes being offered through coursera over the next couple of months.

Here's one more for you budding medic students.

Fundamentals of Pharmacology

Emma Meagher, MD

In this class you will learn how drugs affect the body, how they alter disease processes and how they might produce toxicity. We will discuss how new drugs are tested and developed prior to them being used for patient care. We will describe how personalization of medicine will become a common day reality in patient care.

https://www.coursera.org/#course/pharm101

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, too good to be true always seems to be too good to be true but I'm taking two other courses and it's really free.

You have to actually do the class work and follow the lesson plans they put out but the course is totally free.

So yes it's completely free and online.

I am gonna take a chance and do it. What's the worse that can happen?

*one month later* They stole my wallet, took my cert, I'm homeless, and they also took my liver. I have a couple of hours to live. Oh, and they hurt a puppy. :(