Calls worthy of the Darwin Award

runswithneedles

Patient with poor oral hygiene and had tooth pain. He needed transport to ER. The crew had less that 3 minute transport to the ER. They gave him 10mcg Fentanyl.

Ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patient with poor oral hygiene and had tooth pain. He needed transport to ER. The crew had less that 3 minute transport to the ER. They gave him 10mcg Fentanyl.

Ash

I totally ust realized I put 10mcg but it was 100mcg of Fentanyl.

Ash

waste of fentanyl in my opinion........

-Responded to a call for a scratch on the toe due to a cat claw. No blood. Yes, we transported.

-Call to a person who is SOB. FD Medic downgrades and reports PT is a smoker. I ask PT what is going on. PT reports: "I smoke too much." Story comes out that PT has been up for 3 hours, had smoked 3+ packs of cigarettes and held the smoke too long (like with weed) and had smoked weed. Triage's response, "Tell the moron to quit smoking."

3 packs in three hours?!

Is that even possible? I mean time-wise.

In the same night;

Young bloke drank 12 beers and decided to jump a retaining wall on his bike so his mate could video it with his phone; got half way up and came crashing back down

Young girl who got really drunk and went for an after hours swim at the pool with her friends, got caught by security, tired to scale the fence and fell from the top and broke her ankle, the police came, drove past in their car, slowed down, pointed and laughed and said the ambos are on the way then drove off again

Mind you this was in the middle of May so it was freezing cold winters night, I wouldn't want to get out the car either ..

• 2 weeks later...

While I'm certainly not a non-drinker of alcoholic beverages, I just tell the guys that I'm the "Designated Driver", or I'm less than 48 hours from my next shift, and they usually back off.

Also, when I go to the NY State Volunteer Ambulance and Rescue Association's "Pulse Check" convention, because I know my van is not going to be moved for 72 hours, I'll probably have a Rum and Coke, or a beer my first night.

I do drink, but by choice, not that much.

(There was a time my "friends" thought to have me get rid of "my problems", I should get drunk. Others thought I should "get laid". There also was a vocal contingent thought I should do both the same night.)

Hope to see you up at the convention this year!!! I will have my lady with me also!!! At least we can grab a drink,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.