So... Whats your hobby?

EMTDenny

I like to jump out of planes. Some times they push me out because I grab the controls and pretend I'm really flying the plane....I wanted to be a pilot but I'm color blind...so they kick me and hit me until I fall out the door. I've gained a little weight since I had a bone tumor taken out of my left femur, so now they just strap me to a pallet and slide me out the back of the plane. I don't know where they got that big-ass parachute from...but it's still a rush.

I think everyone should go skydiving at least once in their life.post-39163-0-79149400-1362476782_thumb.j

1) Not that belly dancing is something to be ashamed of, but I'd keep a wall between the job and the hobby, as it might create problems on the job, due to unwanted attention paid to the EMS personnel because of the hobby by other personnel.

2) As a believer in Terra Firma, the more firma the less terra, I've never understood the purpose of leaving a perfectly good aircraft in midflight.

I like to read (used to read more fiction, pretty much all work or work-related stuff nowadays), play video games (Skyrim and Mass Effect lately), learn and learn about new languages (used to be a lot more into that before I got into EMS), read about space/science related stuff. We also recently got an Australian Shepard puppy which is taking up a lot of our time...

I sew. Both quilts and clothes for my daughter. Do you know how hard it is to find cute clothes for a little girl that don't show everything? And I read. Lots.

Yes Rural, I know exactly how you feel on trying to find clothes that don't show everything. Even stuff from Walmart or target which we usually get have gone down hill.

We have found a wonderful little shop over in Shawnee KS that has some great outfits but they are a little pricey. If you get near that area and are interested in the shop let me know.

1) Not that belly dancing is something to be ashamed of, but I'd keep a wall between the job and the hobby, as it might create problems on the job,

I actually received an application from her, first thing I do when I am considering application seriously is google the name and that's what I found. I'll never mention my findings to her...unless she reads this forum she'll never know, and it's not relevant to her potential employment one way or the other. however, i know I wouldn't want videos of me belly dancing out in the interwebs.

I also flight sim a lot. Not as much as I used to because FSX doesn't like Win7 so much with some graphics for some reason. I also like putting together models. Primarily helicopters, spaceships (galatica was my favorite) and old boats. Anything science interests me too. Been too cold for me to get out the telescope lately but hopefully soon. PS, you can see a comet just over the moon for the remainder of the month!