Wasn't sure where to put this...Cluster headaches

BillKaneEMT

Just from the physiology side of things, l-arginine is used in nitric oxide synthesis:

1746-4269-5-5-1.jpg

Nitric oxide is an endogenous vasodilator released from the endothelium. Medications including nitroglycerin and nitroprusside act by releasing NO.

[This shouldn't be confused with nitrous oxide, N2O found in entononx / nitronox setups, or the pollutant molecular nitrogen dioxide, NO2].

NO activates an enzyme called guanylyl cyclase, which then activates cGMP-dependent protein kinase (PKG), which acts to increase SR Ca2+ uptake, decrease membrane Ca2+ entry, and increase Ca2+ efflux, all resulting in a lower [calcium] inside the smooth muscle cell, and relaxation.

[This can get more complicated. Some areas remain controversial.]

cGMP is then broken down by phosphodiesterase. This can be inhibited by drugs such a milrinone, amrinone, sildenafil, etc.

• Like 2

Are you kidding me? If that was my front yard I'd have to go back to construction, as I'd never be able to pass another drug screen again...

Have you had them? Oh....My....God!!

You didn't get past the "They grow in my front yard" statement. Go re-read my post and you will have your answer :)

I'll take some, I've never been drug tested. Thank god, I dunno how long pot stays in your system, but... Anyhoo. Goddamn drug seekers. Nine years ago, I went on a regular routine call for someone in cardiac arrest. At the time, we got there urgently, but didn't leave urgently. Except we didn't know it was a cardiac arrest, and we only had a two man crew, with no possible assistance. Hurt my back, didn't get it checked out, b/c what is the most common complaint that's easy and expensive to diagnose, but requires immediate pain management? Low back pain. Never had back pain though, leg pain, bad. Went on my own, my own insurance, no comp, etc.. Got one of those steroid injections, buddy took me, and brought me back. Felt amazing, till about 3am.

Before then, I'd never have known I had any problems... Till I woke up with a headache, pain, HOT, white hot, severe, screaming pain in about six different spots. Went for the Mtn. Dew, b/c they said if that happens, drink lots of Caffeine.. No deal. I was bawling, laying on the floor, screaming, vomiting, literally pissed myself. I had half the ambulance crew in the parlor trying to put me on a Reeves to get me out the door in the fetal position. Despite my BP being around 260/180, my pulse about 160's, and breathing so fast I sucked the bag flat... I wasn't allowed to have ALS provided pain meds, b/c the ER Command didn't think it sounded right. I was to be given something to calm me down. Well they gave me so many things, from every entry point you can put meds, that my breathing had to be assisted, and I was intubated. Never had anything like it since, no idea what caused it. I was having a bonified medical emergency, I needed pain management. You can't fake that shit, it isn't possible. If I didn't see those people every day, I'd have sued their asses off. Instead, I threatened it, and the doctor was fired. The only possibly cure that I could see at that point, would have been shooting myself, and if I could have walked, it would have been tempting.

*possible. I've been up for about 30hrs.. Quitting smoking. I'm extremely irritable, I hurt everywhere and I'm moderately depressed...and I'm not one to find myself in that mood, per se. Can't sleep. I could go on and on all night long. Well, all morning long. I've cleaned everything I can clean, assembled a model ambulance, looked at every page in my LOL Cats Calendar and vacuumed ten rooms.

But I'll take some of those mushrooms. They're not like the food kind, right? B/c I'm allergic to the kind like you get on Pizza, or stuffed in fancy restaurants. And how do we learn these things? That's right, the hard way. ha ha

Well, many people who have these types of headaches are so disabled by them that they cannot work. So drug testing for work is pretty much an out of the ordinary possibility so what's the harm in getting the relief.

The company that I work for does not do drug testing, the clients that I work for and I've worked for over 25 clients over 13 years and only one client has required a pre-contract drug screen.

So I can reasonably say that If I was suffering this badly from these types of headaches that I'd be pretty safe in taking this type of pain relief and I'd be pretty safe in not getting caught unless I got caught by law enforcement.

I am indeed suffering from pretty bad chronic headaches but not to the extent of the original posters friend though.

I wake up with the head aches, I get the headaches for no particular reason (to quote Forrest Gump) and they just go away for no particular reason (again to quote Gump).

But I'm not to the point to take the lsd yet either.

So if I was to the point of needing to get the relief from these types of headaches that I would try just about anything to get the relief a drug test would probably be the least of my concerns what with my current work concerns.

Well, many people who have these types of headaches are so disabled by them that they cannot work.

The thought occurs that the one thing that might be worse than a blinding headache that makes you want to die, is tripping your balls off while having a blinding headache that makes you want to die.

:)

Just trying to be funny.