Heterosexual pride day! Good idea or bad?

Just Plain Ruff

Remember that thing in the Declaration of independence "All men are created equal" or some silly thing like that. I do believe that. I believe that all women are created equal as well but to quote a favorite movie of mine "boys have a penis, girls have a vagina" and that's no longer true anymore is it?

Sex and/or gender is determined by external genitalia?

Sex and/or gender is determined by external genitalia?

Yes. As long as we keep this within the realm of reality and not bring in transgenederism or hermaphrodites into the discussion.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sex

1sex

noun ˈseks

Definition of SEX

: either of the two major forms of individuals that occur in many species and that are distinguished respectively as female or male especially on the basis of their reproductive organs and structures

Yes. As long as we keep this within the realm of reality and not bring in transgenederism or hermaphrodites into the discussion.

http://www.merriam-w.../dictionary/sex

1sex

noun ˈseks

Definition of SEX

: either of the two major forms of individuals that occur in many species and that are distinguished respectively as female or male especially on the basis of their reproductive organs and structures

Yep, boys have a penis, Girls have a vagina. Nuff said.

Yet medicine takes a much less binary view on sex, as well as gender. Is medicine not reality?

More importantly, in my opinion, is gender, which is defined more by society's expectations. However, those expectations change. Constantly. It wasn't too long ago that females wearing pants would be completely taboo, yet it is now, based on those values, expected that females cross dress.

Edited by JPINFV

Yet medicine takes a much less binary view on sex, as well as gender. Is medicine not reality?

More importantly, in my opinion, is gender, which is defined more by society's expectations. However, those expectations change. Constantly. It wasn't too long ago that females wearing pants would be completely taboo, yet it is now, based on those values, expected that females cross dress.

I could put on an NHL hockey uniform, but that does not make me a professional hockey player.

Yes- gender is subjective, and often deals with self identity. I could put on a dress and announce to the world that I think I am a woman(even though that would be a truly disturbing site), but that still does not make it true,

So, is someone with androgen insensitivity disorder male or female? They have a vagina, but also have testicles. Does it matter what they, as an individual identify as? Does it matter that they're male on a chromosomal basis?

The purpose in gay pride parades is to show our pride as we were forced to be in the closet (and still are in many situations)for so many years. In the straight world, gay people are the exception not the rule, so by showing up in numbers at a particular event shows our strength and educates the straight public that we are not monsters,

Say this sentence to yourself, "Gays should not be allowed to murder people"(insert whatever you believe) then turn around and replace the word "Gays" with men, women, blacks, hispanics, or jews and see how it changes your belief.

Sentence didn't work for me... sorry

You better give your head a shake about your "pride parade"

Do yourself a favor... Go to google IMAGES and search "Gay pride parade"

Just what the hell do you think the message is to the public?

Are you proud to be presenting yourselves like this?

When gay pride parade images come on the news I send my little girls out of the room, NOT because of the sexual orientation but because I do not want to expose thier innocence to what looks like a goddam 'costume gay sex orgy!'

Perhaps when these 'flaming' gays become more civilized they will be more accepted in society.

But hell ya.... you dress up in assless leather chaps and whip another man in the balls in front of my house where me 5 y/o girl can see you.... I do promise, you will see what it feels like to be 'stung' with a BB gun!

If that makes me a 'gay basher' of homophobe, then so be it.

If you are the above type of person... then GTFback in the closet!! Yes this is the straight white man oppressing you!

If you however do not fit this outlandish mould, and instead are a civil, productive, individual who is gay.. then good on ya! I have mutiple friends/family members who are gay. I do not treat them any different than anyone else.... why would I?

Edited by mobey
  • Like 1

If the police don't enforce indecent exposure laws in your town take it with them, but it is a parade and people dress up for parades. I can assure u straights wear worse, have u seen a teen that is not wearing his baggy jeans below his ass cheeks.

Edited by flamingemt2011