Heterosexual pride day! Good idea or bad?

Just Plain Ruff

If the police don't enforce indecent exposure laws in your town take it with them, but it is a parade and people dress up for parades...

And once again you take the most simplistic, childish argument that you believe is unbeatable and pretend that it is the true issue.

"This is a parade! It's just for fun!!" What bullshit. It's a politcial/social activism gathering. The whole "A bunch of us just accidentally got together to have fun and it somehow ended up on TV!"

I hate those fucking parades mainly because every time one is televised it sets the gay cause, or at least the cause for those that have a greater agenda that to prove that they should be held to no social standard at all, back 10 years.

MLK had a bunch of respectful, well dressed protesters trying to move the cause of blacks forward...they gay 'pride' parade has a bunch of guys sucking dicks in the middle of the street an peeing on each other.

Strong social statement, right? You must be very proud Flaming. Do I believe that that is all that happens at the parades? Not at all, I once spent most of a day watching one in San Fran, but that is what the news is going to pick up, and that is what is televised. Idiotic.

The message isn't, "We here, we're queer, get used it it." It's "We're here, we're currently politically correct so you can't make us stop anything that we might want to do to, or in front of you, or we'll cry and call you a persecutor!!" Doesn't have quite the same ring to it...But is more accurate.

...I can assure u straights wear worse, have u seen a teen that is not wearing his baggy jeans below his ass cheeks.

So that is your argument? That other people are worse? In the south they sometimes hunt gays and kill them...so should I choose to damage your home, kick your ass, terrorize your lover...I'm good then...because others are doing worse? You shouldn't then be offended because someone else is more evil?

(For the record to those that may not have read my other posts. In no way do I advocate violence or persecution/discrimination in any form against anyone for such a thing as race/color/sexual orientation, etc, etc.)(Note: Except assholes. Sometimes assholes should get punched in the head.)

You want to know why no one takes you seriously? These arguments are why. Revisit Mobey's post to you and try to actually address his points like an adult.

He worried about the messages that the parade sends his family. He expressed that he was personally offended by the grossly inaccurate message it sends to the general public about gay behavior as well as the fact that those protesting have no respect for his young children.

Why did you find these concerns beneath you to discuss? His concerns are easily as much of the gay/non gay discussion as yours are, aren't they?

Show that you have the mental and emotional maturity to actually see someone elses point of view without immediately bending it to your 4th grade agenda.

I don't think you're capable...but if you are, I think then that there is actually a chance to make some positive changes...

As you are now, you're simply an anchor to your cause...

Dwayne

Let's remove the homosexual element from this for a minute, and talk about another group of people who's sexual expression is not maintstream; BDSM. These are individuals and groups who's sexual expression and gratification is derived and explored with activities outside of mainstream, socially accepted norms. (remember that as little as 50 years ago, in North America, the only socially accepted norm was a man and a woman, married, in a bedroom in the "missionary" style)

Many BDSM events are held in semi-public places; hotels, convention centers, etc. Participants are always advised to "not frighten the horses" in other words, to keep extreme dress and displays to socially acceptable levels in the halls and corridors, and to engage in their more creative efforts in the private spaces.

And why is this? Because if other guests are offended, they will complain. And if they complain, there will be repercussions. People maintain their anonymity in this lifestyle because it costs them a lot to be "outed" - Jobs, family, custody of children, etc. etc. etc. Many in BDSM claim a sensitivity to the sensibilities of others, buts the bottom line is... people will suffer a lot of grief because they have sexual practices that are not approved by society as a whole.

Due to tremendous effort and sacrifice on the part of a lot of people, it is now ILLEGAL to fire people for their sexual orientation. Gay people still face a lot of discrimination in many areas.

Gay Pride day is one day to take these activities and make them public.. to be open and proud of the things that fulfill and exhilarate you. It can be a giddy feeling, and yes.. even reckless. There are those that purposefully "scare the horses". That can be an act of aggression and anger. It's throwing all those labels into the face of society and saying YEAH - I AM A SICK AND DISGUSTING PERVERT - what are you gonna do about it?

Certain displays offend you? Why? Primal disgust at men sucking each others dicks? Why? Pissing on each other? Why?

I am not asking these questions to try and imply that these activities should not be confined to more private arenas (altho if you take your kids anywhere near the vicinity of a gay pride parade and get upset at what they see then you are an idiot. It's not like these things are sprung on people by surprise) but to encourage you to question your judgements about what is and what isn't acceptable in the sexual arena and why?

So much of what we hold as "correct" in sexuality in this country is repressed puritanism. Question it. Believe me, your mind (and your sex life) will soar.

Besides that, baggy pants is quite a bit different than this

gay-pride-parade.jpg

... and this offends you Mobey? Why? because he's got an ass crack and a big belly? He doesn't look like a model? Cause he's a guy? Guess what? Most of you macho male EMS types look a lot more like this guy than like the media paragon of human beauty that we wouldn't mind seeing naked. Heaven forbid that we should accept this and like it... It might mitigate the body hatred and self loathing that leads to so much self destructive behavior.

Dwayne is right on this. Around here, I guess they decided to rename the parade to pass it off as being something it is not. They dropped the "gay" part of the Gay Pride Parade title. They tried to claim it was "family friendly", it's all about inclusion and diversity. BULLSHIT. I don't know of any families who think it's OK to see guys walking around in ass-less leather chaps, or the other disgusting things going on that I have seen at these parades.

I have attended and marched in St Patricks Day parades, Irish Parades, Puerto Rican day parades, July 4th parades, Memorial Day parades, Mexican Independence Day parades, Christmas Parades, Thanksgiving Parades, Columbus Day Parades and have NEVER seen anything like what goes on in these gay pride parades. No, not every parade attendee, float or group is R or NC-17 rated, but a great many of them are- more than enough to say these are NOT family friendly events, nor do they promote diversity or acceptance, nor do they promote the idea that gays are just like everyone else.

So no, flaming- the straight community does NOT act the same way.

So no, flaming- the straight community does NOT act the same way.

Jealous?

Just a partial list of what the straight community acts like in relationships:

Simple Assault

Dispute/Disturbance with Physical Abuse

Aggravated Assault

Threats

Harassing or Obscene Telephone Calls

Malicious Destruction of Property

Larceny

Rape

Theft

Kidnapping

Robbery

Stalking

Annoying & Accosting

Arson

Disorderly Conduct

Extortion/Blackmail

Indecent Assault

Trespassing

Peeping & Spying

And I don't mean to imply that gay people don't do this too.. far as I can see, we all pretty much act the same.

I am cautious about posting on this thread because I am not a homophobe but do not necessarily agree with the marketing and propaganda machine that the homosexual movement has used to promote their lifestyle.

I simply could not care less how people get their jollies because every individual is responsible for his/her own actions.

The simplicity of this is that public behavior is regulated by law. These parades do however cause a huge gray area as to the definition of public obscenity and its relationship with free speech.

Edited by DFIB

I have to take crapmagnets side on this one. Our society is way to puritan. Tell me why it is OK for your children to sit and watch two men beat the hell out of each other, shoot each other, or kill animals on TV, but to see a penis will scar them for life ?

I will be upfront and honest, seeing two men kiss each other does turn my stomach a little, but what is worse is that I am sickened by an act of love, whereas I have no emotion towards the acts stated above.

And alot of these men have on more clothing than your average Hooter's waitress, but I hear no outcry from MEN to shut those restaurants down for indecensy.

• Like 1

You mean considering the Hooters waitress is walking down the street with a her friends Yelling things like " Hey Hey, Ho Ho, Hooterphobia's Got to go!

Edited by DFIB

Hooters is a bar/restaurant chain that is open to the public. It is not a strip club, although some would say it is stripper training school. Children are allowed.

(http://hooters.com/hootersgirl/Home/Default.aspx )

see picture of woman under "who is that girl" -- that is a hooters waitress in uniform. Her legs are crossed because their shorts are so tight that you can usually see their camel-toe (and they dont wear panties, they instead wear pantyhose). The typical waitress is very busty, although it is not mandatory, there are some average and below average sized waitresses.

The simplicity of this is that public behavior is regulated by law

The law sir... is an ass. It used to be legal to do many things that today are considered horrendous.. and illegal to do things that today are considered acceptable. The fact is that the law trails behind justice... and it is people working outside the legal that force the changes..

I see the disney prostitots engage in dress and behavior on television that your children watch that would have you running for the torches and pitchforks if you see it on the gay pride parade.

This double standard exists because the sexual preferences of those in power are understandable and ok, while those "not like us" are deemed perverted and obscene

Hooters is a bar/restaurant chain that is open to the public. It is not a strip club, although some would say it is stripper training school. Children are allowed.

(http://hooters.com/h...me/Default.aspx )

see picture of woman under "who is that girl" -- that is a hooters waitress in uniform. Her legs are crossed because their shorts are so tight that you can usually see their camel-toe (and they dont wear panties, they instead wear pantyhose). The typical waitress is very busty, although it is not mandatory, there are some average and below average sized waitresses.

Sorry we must have been writing at the same time when I edited my post. What I mean is that patrons have to make a conserted effort to be exposed to Hooter girls. They know where they are gpoing and what htey are going for. It is not like you will turn the corner and run into a bunch of Hooter chicks.