new to the site

emthawkins

Welcome friend! Let me be the first to say congrats on being a new EMT! Its an awesome feeling and an even greater responsibility to be able to help someone in their time of crisis and need. Not all of these times will be emergent of course and for the most part they aren't but just remember its an emergnecy to them so be as compassionate as possible and treat them as if they were family.

Stay safe and welcome to the ranks!

Welcome ! Congrats on the new cert, read and post, ask questions and keep an open mind...

... just remember its an emergnecy to them so be as compassionate as possible and treat them as if they were family...

I like that you thought to mention that. Many of us, me included, get used to spewing the mantra of 'It's not your emergency', and I think that's important to help people learn to relax...but that should always be paired with, "But it IS an emergency to them, don't forget that."

Pretty cool...

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.