Goodmorning, afternoon, night - Depending on your hemisphere.

Blakes Username

Hi,

I'm Blake, Just came across the city in my search to find a paramedic forum to gain a bit of insight into paramedic practice/EMT, etc; But now that i'm here... cool.

At the start of this year I did a undergrad in A&P which furthered my interest in emergency medicine - so now currently volunteering with St John's ambulance in NZ, and recently applied to study my bachelor of health science (paramedic) for 2012. But I have heaps to learn yet, so I look forward to typo-speaking to everybody.

Cheers.

Welcome Blake, good to have you man...

The good new is that the NZ standards for medics rock!

The bad news, I've never met a single NZ medic that's mentally sound. So you'll want to start counseling immediately upon entering the medic program as those programs seem likely to warp you in some really strange ways....

Been warned...

Dwayne

Ha, Duly noted - we do ski on an active volcano to relax...

The good news is great to hear! That was going to be one of my first questions... Will be getting my response from from Polytech soon (2-maybe 3 weeks), so hopefully i'll be coming out one degree wiser and relatively un-warped; (maybe i'll make some friends in the psychology department just in case)

Appreciate the heads up,

Peace.

love the mohawk ask all the questions you can,, read the answers with an open mind and remember that we will not always give the text book answer.

welcome brother, looking forward to having you

Race

Oh no! The kiwi's are getting as numerous as the ozzies!

Welcome to the City!

While we may not give the 'textbook answers', or answer them in the "feel good 'kumbaya' fashion", we will answer your questions in as much detail as you can possibly handle, (and in more cases than not) , more detail than you thought was possible.

Remember, EMS is a 'dog eat dog world', and anyone that gets into it is wearing 'Milk Bone knickers'!

LS

P.S.: As far as making friends in the Psychology Department, I'd start by getting cozy with the instructors (they know more than the students)!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.