Robert (Rob) Davis

Many of you know Rob Davis from these EMS forums. He often posted and would have a picture of John Wayne or Chuck Norris as his avatar. Rob passed away last night after a long and horrendous battle with Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS). I actually diagnosed him after the last EMStock and he asked that I not tell anybody (which I did not). He died at his mother's house in Mansfield, TX. I heard less and less from him toward the end. Like many with ALS, he was angry. Many of us from Fort Worth worked with Rob in EMS. He was a bright and passionate guy. He did like to stir the sh*t as well. Per his request, no funeral will be held. There may be some memorial service later but I have not heard.

Thanks.

Bryan

Bryan Bledsoe, DO, FACEP, FAAEM, EMT-P

Professor of Emergency Medicine

Director, EMS Fellowship

University of Nevada School of Medicine

Las Vegas, NV

This is sad news. Rob was the first person to welcome me here to the city, and we have had many long and spirited discussions in forums and in chat. His skill and knowledge in the profession, and his no-nonsense ability to make his point without pulling any punches made many of us stand back and reevaluate our thinking. His dedication to the betterment of the profession was deep, and he will be sorely missed.

My condolences to his family, and to those who were fortunate enough to call him friend.

Paul

Im sorry to hear of his passing, he was a great proponent for change and professionalism in EMS. Personally, I hope to bring even a fraction of his dedication and pride to my own EMS career. His contribution to this webforum will be missed.

My whole day is shot from here on out. I need a drink.

When I saw the topic title, I knew what the post was going to be about.

Edited by Ruffems

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.