First time EMT-B carry on gear?

EMTDenny

Yeah, man, tape is the bomb. I carried a couple of rolls on my and asked my partner to keep it with him. It seems that you're buried in rolls of tape, until you need it, and then suddenly it's transported to another dimension or something...

Reason one why our trauma bags have got about a dozen rolls in the top pouch. They disappear, tie themselves in knots, magically lose their adhesive properties or suddenly the roll is done all when you really need it.

• 4 years later...
On September 28, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Ruffmeister Paramedic said:

Buy these three things

1. Quality but not bank breaking stethoscope

2. Trauma shears

3. Package of Bic or similar pens(they go missing faster than you can replace them)

These will work if you are working a transfer service or a 911 service.

Once you get out there working you will determine what you need more of or need to purchase additionally.

I was that EMS Geek when I got my emt. I got a fully loaded jump kit and all the extras. Maxxed a credit card out to get all that stuff. I still have the jump bag, fully loaded with an empty oxygen tank (couldn't find any place to get it filled without showing proof of why I needed it). for the life of me I have never understood the need for 5 different types of hemostats, 3 different sets of scissors and those 98 pocket pants that are out there. Seems like extreme overkill.

Just my 2 cents. If anyone wants to buy my jump kit, I'll sell it cheap.

Are you still selling that jump kit 

On 6/24/2016 at 3:15 PM, Amy6299 said:

Are you still selling that jump kit 

no,  I have given it as a gift to a new grad emt.  He was mucho grateful.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.