Tolerance

Happiness

Well, I get your point and I agree with you on most of the above. What I meant was: Even if tolerance could be achieved - it wouldn`t be by such provoking texts. And when it cannot be achieved in the overall way that would be quite welcomed (though unrealistic, I`m with you there, mankind just isn`t able to do that) even then, just because that`s not possible - you don`t need to make it worse.

P.S.: I do believe that tolerance can be achieved/can be found, within single individuals, just not in a group, `cause there`s a certain dynamic to a group within itself that can bring out the worst in people.

Edited by Vorenus
  • Like 1

I question if any black folks object if and when Chris Rock uses the infamous "N" word, or Jewish folks complain in how Jackie Mason depicts Jews? (For those from outside the US who don't know, Rock is Black, and Mason is not only Jewish, but an ordained Rabbi)Both perform self deprecatory humor, directed at themselves, and their respective backgrounds.

Edited by Richard B the EMT

Happiness,

I understand that this was meant as a joke, but as you can see others did not see it as such. To me, it shows that you lack the needed tact to be in the medical field. I have arabic friends and they might laugh at this joke but all the same you are posting on a forum for EMS PROFESSIONALS. That means that all courtesy and professional tact should be used at all times no matter what the joke. If you were on a pure arabic forum would you be willing to post the same joke? If not then it does not need to be here. When you start to insult and take jabs at a race or religion you must allow them (and their supporters) to defend themselves and tell you whether or not this joke should have been said. This joke if made at a work place, no matter where, it could easily get you fired and make you undesirable in many areas. Just my opinon.

FireEMT2009

Happiness,

I understand that this was meant as a joke, but as you can see others did not see it as such. To me, it shows that you lack the needed tact to be in the medical field.

I have arabic friends and they might laugh at this joke but all the same you are posting on a forum for EMS PROFESSIONALS. That means that all courtesy and professional tact should be used at all times no matter what the joke.

If your arab friends find it mildly amusing and can laugh at themselves, they are more than welcome in my home, if not ... well no sense of ha ha, period, doubtful that we can become friends, and I can not speak to a women in a Burka in North America ? Please note the theme of ones religion interfering with mixing of cultures here, just where is that melting pot I am told excists ?

If you were on a pure arabic forum would you be willing to post the same joke ?

If not then it does not need to be here.

When you start to insult and take jabs at a race or religion you must allow them (and their supporters) to defend themselves and tell you whether or not this joke should have been said. This joke if made at a work place, no matter where, it could easily get you fired and make you undesirable in many areas. Just my opinon.

FireEMT2009

I believe you missed this in the title.

Im not to sure if you will find this funny or just a truth.

<edited with contextual changes spelling and punctuation)

cheers

late thought .. if your working in a system that with one race card pulled puts your career on the line, well honestly I have pitty for you.

Edited by tniuqs

@tniuqs:

I get your point and I too believe that FireEMTs post was too harsh and overjudgemental.

On another note: It`s kind of hard to read your posts when you hide your own sentences between those long quotes. Just my thought, without meaning any offence. :wave:

@tniuqs:

I get your point and I too believe that FireEMTs post was too harsh and overjudgemental.

On another note: It`s kind of hard to read your posts when you hide your own sentences between those long quotes. Just my thought, without meaning any offence. :wave:

Yup I know I suck with composition, quoty things and underlining sometimes, Although I am the EMT City king of the run on sentence, it is a curse maybe but I like the purple quote within a quote deal :ph34r:

I write (so says rock_shoes) the way I speak, he is most eloquent .. but hey am even worse in person ! :clown:

cheers

Walk a day in a man's moccasins, before you judge him. Debate is a complete different concept.

Edited by tniuqs

Yup I know I suck with composition, quoty things and underlining sometimes, Although I am the EMT City king of the run on sentence, it is a curse maybe but I like the purple quote within a quote deal :ph34r:

Yeah, I can understand that. It definetely has just something... :iiam::rofl:

Walk a day in a man's moccasins, before you judge him. Debate is a complete different concept.

Never wanted to judge you! Besides, I`d rather take a walk in your moccasins, than in my boots:

http://www.grotec.bi...0-mid-large.jpg

:jump:

Edited by Vorenus

Happiness,

I understand that this was meant as a joke, but as you can see others did not see it as such. To me, it shows that you lack the needed tact to be in the medical field. I have arabic friends and they might laugh at this joke but all the same you are posting on a forum for EMS PROFESSIONALS. That means that all courtesy and professional tact should be used at all times no matter what the joke. If you were on a pure arabic forum would you be willing to post the same joke? If not then it does not need to be here. When you start to insult and take jabs at a race or religion you must allow them (and their supporters) to defend themselves and tell you whether or not this joke should have been said. This joke if made at a work place, no matter where, it could easily get you fired and make you undesirable in many areas. Just my opinon.

FireEMT2009

So first of all Thank you Squint. Second of all Fire pull the stick out of your ass. I will tell you what I told Mike "READ THE LAST SENTENCE" I have already had this discussion on this forum (And so you know from someone that I do have respect for (dont always agree with him)) (you joined this forum what in June) with Mike and I have made many points and it has already been agreed that this was the wrong place to put this so blah blah blah. Now if you look backwards at the posts it was going in the direction that I wanted it to and it was a discussion on the TOLERANCE that I am expected to show but is not always returned. You should read all that I have posted on this particular thread. And yes even if the intent was to be a posted joke the forum has a warning on it so Read it.

So you know Fire I have alot of tack and for someone who has just joined to come and say to me for one who has been a part of this forum for many years and two has recieved awards for my patient care and say that I shouldn't be in the medical field. You now need to pull your head out of your ass along with the stick. You know nothing about my tack and my pt care what so ever.

So you know I live on a small island, I am married to a Indian and my youngest son has a card that says he is an indian. I also work for an indian organization. So you are aware most races will take a joke with salt and laugh at it. I have said many jokes about indians, Ive heard indians make jokes about indians and I have been the brunt of white jokes from indians (and yes I laughed my head off). My old boss who I loved dearly (but he now departed) use to call me SWAB (scrawny white assed bits). I never once took offence to it because to him it was a term of endearment and he defended me all the time when I first started to work here. So your question was would I say this joke in a room full of Arabs. Nope probably not unless I thought they would think it was funny but again you are missing the point of the topic. So before you get those saddle sores squint was talking about you had better get off that horse take a good look at what I posted.

First off,

I would like to apologize for my post earlier, I was not in the best of moods and wanted something to laugh at and found it tactless. I would like to say I judged and was too harsh in my approach and was just frustrated because I understand the muslim religion and have known some very well. I am also a big fan of religious freedom so it hit a wrong note with me. I apologize and officially recant my posts. Thanks and most truthful apologizes.

FireEMT2009

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.