Sharp object stuck in the body

Alice24

Always leave the object In stablize it and transport to local trauma center. The only exception of removing an object is if it interfers with CPR.

or if its in the cheek and its obstructing the airway

Edited by runswithneedles

• 2 months later...

But what about the rectal probe of the alien ship that crashes and you get called to the scene and you find the abducted human with the probe still in. Do you remove it? How can you be sure there aren't any more probes that came off the initial probe sort of like the knife referenced in a post above like the klingon knife but it's an alien rectal probe. Removal or stabilization????

Now if you are immersed in the Matrix and you come across Neo and the spiders are getting close and he's about to be attacked and your only hope for humanities sake is to rescue NEo and get him out of the room but the probe is still in his head, do you remove it? or stabilize it?

I know dead horse but any one of these two thing could happen to any one of us here on the city. Apart from calling an ambulance which is a given, what do we do, the fate of humanity rests in the correct answer to both the above questions. Question number 1 the fate of the world and question number 2 the fate of the matrix.

You have to answer correctly. What do you do?

Shoot the hostage.

Wait, what was the question? ;-D

Pull that bad boy out, if it sprays blood or something, put it back in. Otherwise, take off the victim's sock, or that of a bystander - in case the victim isn't wearing any... Because srsly, dude, what is with EVERYONE wearing sandals? Everyone, everywhere. Do they even make socks anymore? I even started to wear them, but it makes my pinky toes sore.

Anyhoo.. You use someone elses, because you don't know what kind of disease this injured person has, and after they're done using that sock for bleeding control. You of course have the right to ask for it back, because what good is one sock, without the other? Right?

So just take a shoe string or two and wrap that sock in place, call 9-1-1, and leave. Unless it's your shoestring or sock. Then I'd wait till the ambulance arrived, dressed and bandaged the wound, and ask for my shoe string back.

Yes, I'm being painfully sarcastic.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.