HI ALL, NEW FROM TULSA

sutures

Welcome to EMS! This job is hours and days of boredom interrupted by moments of sheer terror. There's definitely nothing like it.

To quote Mike, "I'm only half kidding".

Have fun and enjoy the ride. Remember that none of the emergencies are yours, you're just there to help. It's easier to keep your head if you can remember that when it counts.

Watch what you eat. It's difficult when you're out at 0400, starving, and nothing is open but the gas station. You will gain 20 lbs your first year if you're not paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Congratulations on the career change. I am 44 and kinda doing the same thing. I wonder how the job market works for guys our age. What have your experiences been so far?

Good!

Just got hired by EMSA in Tulsa mid September, so i guess about 6-8 weeks. Actually begin their academy tomorrow 10/03.

In regards to the age thing i viewed it as a plus, real world life experiences and maturity. Have had other offers since accepting

this one so am assuming age was not an issue. Be safe, Brett

Welcome to EMS! This job is hours and days of boredom interrupted by moments of sheer terror. There's definitely nothing like it.

To quote Mike, "I'm only half kidding".

Have fun and enjoy the ride. Remember that none of the emergencies are yours, you're just there to help. It's easier to keep your head if you can remember that when it counts.

Watch what you eat. It's difficult when you're out at 0400, starving, and nothing is open but the gas station. You will gain 20 lbs your first year if you're not paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the good advice Katiebug, wife's already gotta plan though, gonna pack me lots of low-fat

"chick food", yum!

It's good to see you posting again man....

Staying here, participating, is truly what will separate you from the crowd. It will keep you mentally sharp, and most often, intellectually current....

Have fun!

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.