Top 10 Ways To Be a TV Medic

ateupmedic3033

Come on?!?! THATS not how it really is. Thats it I quit!!

LOL

That was a great article. It is amazing that that is the perception folks have of us, not the 3am water bed version.

What we really need is a show like Cops to really shed light on who we are and what we do. But then again who would want to watch a show with a bunch of folks in the puke mud and blood, dirty and sweaty, no glamourous lights or uniforms doing what we do some for free. Then again when I watch World's Dumbest I think I recognize some patients of mine LOL :devilish:

Come on?!?! THATS not how it really is. Thats it I quit!!

LOL

That was a great article. It is amazing that that is the perception folks have of us, not the 3am water bed version.

What we really need is a show like Cops to really shed light on who we are and what we do. But then again who would want to watch a show with a bunch of folks in the puke mud and blood, dirty and sweaty, no glamourous lights or uniforms doing what we do some for free. Then again when I watch World's Dumbest I think I recognize some patients of mine LOL :devilish:

We used to have a pretty good show, "Paramedics". Produced hand in Hand with "trauma : Life and death in the ER". Both these shows died when HIPAA came around. Too much hassel to get HIPAA covered institutions and services to allow a film crew in the ER or ambulance where informed consent is already difficult to obtain.

...Then again when I watch World's Dumbest I think I recognize some patients of mine LOL :devilish:

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I recognize some coworkers of mine! And have a show about us being in the mud, and the blood, and the puke? How often does that happen? It would have to be, say, a yearly show or so I think... :-)

Dwayne

Years ago, one of my first calls was an accident on the Interstate. When we finally managed to get the person out of the vehicle, mini pickup rear ended a snow plow, and our patient weighed over 400 lbs by the way, complained that Johnny and Roy would have done a better job!

Man, I posted before without reading the article....

Easily one of the most intelligent, cogent EMS perspectives I've read...well...ever maybe. Though Fizz's 'Baby Medic' blog is right in there.

Thanks for sharing brother...that truly was perfect.

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.