Great Britain and the Wedding of Century.

tniuqs

Et All in the UK:

Well despite my best advice to my mate William ... "psssttt don't do it !" ... he now has a ball and chain .. YES, I am just kidding ;)

I very proudly flew my Union Jack on my flag pole at my residence with wide white side up as per proper protocol in honour of the future new age monarchy, William and Kate.

post-8540-0-58488000-1304177472_thumb.jp

The weddding was simply brilliant, was intimate, almost a family affair. Well despite the fact 2 billion people world wide and 8000 media watching every single move reporting to all the countries in the Commonwealth of Nations who followed with heartfelt vigour and pride. I know that Princess Diana (may she RIP) would have been very proud of her oldest William and the natural poise of Kate.

Oddly enough Prince Harry, well so far, hasn't been been reported drunk as a skunk, although he was up his tricks at the alter. (despite US news lack of understanding in proper protocol, and lack of a lip reader) I think he said .. hey she (Kate) showed up. Heck, I would given a kidney to be at the "after" party and inhaling a few pints with Harry.

In a world of news / constant media pounding us with stories of death, destruction, conflict, cynasism, natural and man made disasters (some of us living it) This Royal Wedding is a bit of true genuine global happiness and that the world is not all shyte. Best wishes to the couple the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge most obviously in love, where 2 kisses made the Royal followers HOWL in glee.

This genuinely puts the "GREAT" back in "BRITAIN".

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Edit for Harrys comments.

ps Kate's Sister Pippa is smokin hot and I wager will not be a spinster for very long !

Edited by tniuqs

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maddly offset by millions and millions of tourist dollars for the Great Britain and spot of sunshine for 3 billion of followers. I haven't heard ONE Brit complain about the "costs" unless they were anarchists, in fact entirely the opposite and I didn't hear that any OZ taxpayers dollars were used ?

In fact I bet Bushy that you are unaware that in lieu of wedding gifts Prince William and Kate requested donations to 26 charities, one that touches me personally as I have worked with them and if I screw up when I am fishing they will "SAVE MY ASS" my GOD they need new Ribs.

http://www.ccga-pacific.org/ccga-p/

Then supporting your very own in OZ the world famous the Flying Doctors.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-depth/william-and-kate-a-royal-wedding/donations-pour-in-for-royal-flying-doctors/story-fn71toxj-1226045232345

... bit of a slap in the face mate ! As if born into Royalty is a crime in some way ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8385866/William-and-Kate-ask-for-charity-donations-in-lieu-of-wedding-gifts.html

Now THAT is a Future Monarch that I CAN and WILL support with my heart and soul, guiding political leaders with: (and if you would pardon the description lead a bull by the ring in its nose)

Meanwhile in Kanukistan we are paying for another bloody Election that we never needed in the first place that is a true waste of taxpayers money.

AK your the only one in the World that found that picture. I would like to suggest to you that its disrespectful of a non member in the Commonwealth of Nations or USA Royal envy because you don't have any ROYALTY ... but I can not because I am laughing too damn hard !

Perhaps proof of an "modern couple" just saying. :wub:

Edited by tniuqs

Personally, I can only imagine if that had happened here in the U.S.... Chelsea Clinton recently got married and it was modest and private.... I understand the daughter of a former U.S. President does not fall on par with a royal wedding, but still. I would like to know the total cost of that wedding...and who exactly footed that bill.

Not trying to be political or anything, as most of you know I hate politics. Just curious. :)

It probably cost many millions but Im not to sure you will ever know. To be honest if they had tried to have a modest wedding the British people would have had a fit. They love their monarchy and eveything about them.

It probably cost many millions but Im not to sure you will ever know. To be honest if they had tried to have a modest wedding the British people would have had a fit. They love their monarchy and eveything about them.

Newspapers here are quoting 500 million pounds, but i cant see where they get their figures from

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.