$10 says someone out there has had a call like this:

MetalMedic

Don't know about that, but I did, one tour, transport 2 to the Psych ER, separately, where both claimed to be Jesus of Nazareth. Both eventually had to be restrained by hospital police, when they ended up arguing, with blows exchanged before they could be separated, as to which was the "real" one.

Don't know about that, but I did, one tour, transport 2 to the Psych ER, separately, where both claimed to be Jesus of Nazareth. Both eventually had to be restrained by hospital police, when they ended up arguing, with blows exchanged before they could be separated, as to which was the "real" one.

A mate of mine is a psych nurse, apparently at the moment, they have 1 jesus, 1 god and satan in at the moment., Jesus argues with god and satan. Believe it or not, God and Satan share a room and get along nicely.

• 2 years later...

That's funnier than having snakes in her belly.. like one of mine did recently. Dispatch has become fond of sending me to get psych pts lately..I get joked on about it..because I've learned that I've been requested by the sending facilities. Apparently I'm good with alot of these pts.. normally combative pts seem to behave better when I'm there. Other patches haven't been as lucky. Punched, bitten, spit on, grabbed, punched. . I just tell'em, "Takes one to know one..." ;)

You must have had one of my psych patients. But was your jesus number 1 fixated on the time? I was unable to get this guys real name because he was travelling through town and threw his wallet out of the car window about 40 miles before he got to where we picked him up.

I actually wrote Jesus Christ on the run Ticket because that's who he admantly said he was. He even had a BD but no social security number that the cops could run.

I think I'm the only one in our service that actually has a deadbeat Jesus Christ who we never got paid by.

I once had a patient who was convinced that I was Jesus Christ. It's pretty funny since I look nothing like the modern day pictures of him and of all people in Christian, conservative, West Michigan, she picks the atheist in the group, lol.

• Like 1

Not all of these EDP calls work out that way, and some have some really evil potential.

With an IFT ambulance service, transport from Manhattan (NYC, NY) Veterans to another VA facility about an hour and a half travel time away. Instead of pickup by the ER, we were directed upstairs, to what turned out to be a lockdown ward. Staffers took the stretcher from us, put the patient, already wearing a straightjacket, onto it, then put on ankle and wrist restraints to further fasten him down. As they passed me the key, they told me he had also had been given "chemical restraints". They then handed me a sealed manila envelope containing the transfer orders.

My ambulance was an open design, clear view of everything from steering wheel to back door. I was "tech-ing" , and, due to the lock ward staffers actions, and them telling me the patient was stable, I opted to sit in the front, sitting side saddle, if you will, to keep an eye on the patient.

Roughly a mile from the receiving facility, my partner and I suddenly smelled cigarette smoke. The patient had one arm free, and had lit up his cigarette with it! I went over to the patient, advised him no smoking, took the smoke from him, tossed it out the window, and now sat down by him on the crew bench.

On arrival at the upstate VA hospital, we took the patient, stretcher and all, in to the admissions office. The admissions officer, after glancing at the transfer orders, directed us to reload, and accompanied us to a different building on the campus.

After leaving the patient (with the key to all the restraints) in the care of the staff, we returned the admissions officer to his office. The officer had a copy of the transfer orders in his hand, which he then was scrutinizing. He asked if we had read the report. Nope, it was sealed against us.

He then suggested we read any ands all patient transfer paperwork, as the patient was a known homicidal/suicidal patient!

Sidenote: After that, I always read transfer orders, and encouraged all partners to do likewise.

Not all of these EDP calls work out that way, and some have some really evil potential.

With an IFT ambulance service, transport from Manhattan (NYC, NY) Veterans to another VA facility about an hour and a half travel time away. Instead of pickup by the ER, we were directed upstairs, to what turned out to be a lockdown ward. Staffers took the stretcher from us, put the patient, already wearing a straightjacket, onto it, then put on ankle and wrist restraints to further fasten him down. As they passed me the key, they told me he had also had been given "chemical restraints". They then handed me a sealed manila envelope containing the transfer orders.

My ambulance was an open design, clear view of everything from steering wheel to back door. I was "tech-ing" , and, due to the lock ward staffers actions, and them telling me the patient was stable, I opted to sit in the front, sitting side saddle, if you will, to keep an eye on the patient.

Roughly a mile from the receiving facility, my partner and I suddenly smelled cigarette smoke. The patient had one arm free, and had lit up his cigarette with it! I went over to the patient, advised him no smoking, took the smoke from him, tossed it out the window, and now sat down by him on the crew bench.

On arrival at the upstate VA hospital, we took the patient, stretcher and all, in to the admissions office. The admissions officer, after glancing at the transfer orders, directed us to reload, and accompanied us to a different building on the campus.

After leaving the patient (with the key to all the restraints) in the care of the staff, we returned the admissions officer to his office. The officer had a copy of the transfer orders in his hand, which he then was scrutinizing. He asked if we had read the report. Nope, it was sealed against us.

He then suggested we read any ands all patient transfer paperwork, as the patient was a known homicidal/suicidal patient!

Sidenote: After that, I always read transfer orders, and encouraged all partners to do likewise.

holy crapola batman, it took you that call to read the paperwork from there on out. I don't ever NOT read the paperwork. That's the only way that I found out that a patient was in an active phase of TB and he was coughing in the ambulance. That got me a 6 month dose of TB meds. It also got the sending facility the loss of their transfer company.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.