$10 says someone out there has had a call like this:

MetalMedic

I don't know where it came from but when I did the IFT thing in NY, we were told by a bunch of nurses at the sending hospitals (and it was from multiple hospitals) that we were not allowed to open/look at the transfer papers. I tried arguing it at first but it just led to a useless battle with the sending nurse. I learned to just smile politely and then open the chart in the ambulance.

I don't know where it came from but when I did the IFT thing in NY, we were told by a bunch of nurses at the sending hospitals (and it was from multiple hospitals) that we were not allowed to open/look at the transfer papers. I tried arguing it at first but it just led to a useless battle with the sending nurse. I learned to just smile politely and then open the chart in the ambulance.

Yeah, was told that too Doc, I just "smiled and waved boys, just smile and wave" and then get to the ambulance and open the packet.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a patient named Jesus once...

Hey-zoo-sss

Funny story.. Didn't speak a word of English. Couldn't read English. Didn't know what a "lock out" was. That's what his translator said. Jesus wasn't talking. Jesus died, again.... This time he wasn't nailed to a cross. He was sucked into a piece of chipping equipment at a pallet mill. Poor Jesus.... Looked like ground pork, smelled like pine sol.

Gallows humor. It's necessary, I had to put Jesus in a body bag. Jesus, Jesus was a mess.

I had an acid trip like that once...

Smelled like pine sol.....that's funny....NO, I mean, OMG that's horrible!.....NO, wait, I mean, I didn't know the Romans had chippers?

Where I am now, we had one who thought he was Allah. Same thing.

My favorite was one night when it was snowing, we were heading to another call as an extra because we were in the area. We get to a stoplight, and I see a cop car across from us. Instead of looking at us, there cops are staring off to their right. I follow their direction and see this guy walking naked in the snow. I yell at my partner to stop, and he started yelling at me wondering why. I told him to look to his left, and all he says is "Holy shit!"

We all walk over to this guy and I ask him, "How you doing, buddy?" He has that thousand yard stare and just keeps looking straight ahead and says, "Jesus is calling me home." He told us that Jesus had appeared in his computer and told him it was time to "go home."

I found out about a week later that this guy was a computer programmer or something like that. He had just gotten up and walked away from work. He walked from the downtown area to where we found him at about the 72nd block of the west side. He had been gradually taking off his clothes as he walked because he was told he wouldn't need them anymore.

Usually they all seem to think that they are Jesus, or Jesus and the CIA are involved somehow.

Edited by yakc130

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.