• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Main Room:

Did you know it is free to become a member?  Just click "Create Account" on the top right of this page.

Photo

NREMT-P exam to recertify

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 chad

chad
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:EMS
Neutral

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:05 AM

I'm just curious since the NREMT has had the option for nationally registered EMT'S and Paramedics to recertify using the recertification by exam method how many have actually done it? What are your thoughts? Test results? Was it harder then the 1st time you took it and passed?

#2 chad

chad
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:EMS
Neutral

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:04 AM

I'm just curious since the NREMT has had the option for nationally registered EMT'S and Paramedics to recertify using the recertification by exam method how many have actually done it? What are your thoughts? Test results? Was it harder then the 1st time you took it and passed?

Well, no one has replied to this forum and being as curious as I was...I went and retook my NREMT-P exam to recert. I have been out of school for almost 4 years now and figured that I wouldn't stand a chance. My appointment to test was at 0900, by 1000 I was done. The entire 80 questions that I answered. Now at this point I figured I either rocked that test, or I did very poorly on the exam. With over 1/2 the questions being just completely stupid and almost having nothing to do with the field practice of a medic. And of course I had to wait about 3 hours to get my results...Surprisingly when I looked on my online NREMT account this is what I seen...CONGRATULATIONS! You have successfully demonstrated your continued cognitive competency by passing the National Certification examination. Looks like I'm good for another 2 years. My thoughts on retaking this test even after it only being 4 years..The test seems to concentrate on the little book details rather then the critical thinking of an actual medic. Now according to the NREMT the minimum number of questions for the paramedic level is 80... and the max number is 150.... So I must of rocked that test. I would like to get others opinions on if you think taking the NREMT exam is a good way to recert or not or like in my previous post, if any of you have attempted it and either been successful on the exam or unsucessful. Regardless, I am very interested in this topic with recertification right around the corner. When I took the NREMT-P exam on CBT the first time I answered 90 questions and with retaking it 4 years later and only answering 80...But that damn thing seemed so much harder this time around.

Edited by chad, 02 January 2011 - 06:06 AM.

#3 Medic7714

Medic7714
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Music (alternative, screamo, metal, acoustic, pop), Amateur Radio, Emergency Communications, Zombies (The Walking Dead series!), Survival stuff.
Neutral

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

I honestly didn't think the computer exam was difficult at all. When I took it I think it shut me off at like 84 or 86 questions. I walked out like most having no idea how I did. I felt like it was up in the air but luckily I passed. I did think that the questions were relevant though.

I'm not sure I want to go that route when I recert though....lol. Im thinking the refresher course may be better for me.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

#4 DwayneEMTP

DwayneEMTP

Welcome to the jungle..we've got fun and games...

• Moderators
  • 4,612 posts
Excellent

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:55 PM

Hey Chad, thanks for following up on your previous post even though you got no feedback.

I seem to remember this post but had nothing to add so stayed quiet. Maybe everyone else was the same..

So that was 100% of your recert requirement, or was it only part of it? I would love to recert via NREMT test as its one of the easiest that I've taken as a medic.

Thanks again brother for the follow up. I would be grateful for any info you can share.

Dwayne

#5 MetalMedic

MetalMedic
  • Members
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Metal Music, Horror movies, Museums
Neutral

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

I honestly didn't think the computer exam was difficult at all. When I took it I think it shut me off at like 84 or 86 questions. I walked out like most having no idea how I did.

Our instructor mentioned that there is a huge bank of questions, but at times it will shut off early based on how well you are doing. He mentioned just because it shuts off it doesn't mean you passed, but it doesn't mean you failed earlier.

When I took my P/C Insurance test it shut off early for me. I passed with 90%, when I went to take L/H insurance It shut off early again and I totally bombed it. So it's a crap shoot. :)

-MetalMedic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users